icon

kicker problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
shiftmx11 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2005 at 12:04 AM / IP Logged  

ok i got my sx amps hook up i got a 4 channal and a mono amp i didnt have enagine nosie. so i just put my sxrc amp remote in and now i have engine nosie so i thought it was maybe the power wire to my remote so i move them. still didnt help so i unplug my remote that didnt help so i turn off my truck and trun it back with no reomte hook up no enigne noise so i plug it back in i get engine noise again can anyone help me PLZ any ideas.

stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 19, 2005 at 5:20 AM / IP Logged  

Are you talking about the bass adjust remote?  That may or may not be the cause, but the problem is in ground planes somewhere.  When you unplugged the bass remote, the engine noise continued until the car was turned off and restarted.  Troubleshoot the noise by uninstalling the bass remote knob location and removing it from the car.  Make sure the system is noise-free with the bass remote uninstalled, then with it just plugged into the amp and not installed on the dash.  Check this through several cycles of turning the car on and off.

When you're sure the grounding is good and no noise in any situation, then you can move the bass remote knob up to another location at the dash.  Continue to power on and off and check for noise before and during the installation.

Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
SoundAudio 
Copper - Posts: 242
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2005 at 9:47 AM / IP Logged  
I would recommend trying what stevdart tells you, but I have installed Kicker a lot and had some trouble with that 4 channel amp and noise.  The head installer and I spent an entire day trying to trouble shoot it and had the amp repaired twice.  Good Luck!
shiftmx11 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2005 at 12:16 AM / IP Logged  

ok frist at work i pulled it out and rewire it to my amps bc i had it hook up to the HU so i though i cause a ground loop didnt help. then read stevdart post pulled it out of my overhead consol and wire it in to my amps and use a extra cat 5 cord it came with and sat it on the ground out slide my truck and still had the same problem. its kinda like a bass remote but u can control everything about the amp and control both amps with it. it has to have remote wire 12volt wire and ground wire to work. if you want to look it up its in kicker site under amplifiers SXRC. i have been a installer for 2 years never seen this before. go firgue it would have to be my truck to mess up

o yeah i found out if i strat my truck with no controler its fine plug the controler in i get engine noise unplug it still engine noise stop the engine still have noise turn the truck all the way off HU turns off still have noise thought the specker then 3 sec later amps shut off no noise and strat it back up with no controler no engine noise.

thanks for the feedback

if you have any more ideas i try them if not i going to use my friends controler to see if the same thing happens if it didnt help then i will call kicker

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic