the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

what was your first ride?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2005 at 12:15 AM / IP Logged  

hmm, pinto owners are a special bunch.

I owned an 86 BMW 528e for my first. That "e" made the car very slow and in fact it was dubbed the inertia car by many. It was recently doanted to a non profit org, with body damage and only 4-5 of the six cylinders working. Never the less I had many fond memories in that car, high school stuff, girls and some things I can't  mention.

speedwayaudio1 
Silver - Posts: 879
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2005 at 2:14 AM / IP Logged  
nothing better than the stuff you can't mentionwhat was your first ride? - Page 3 -- posted image.
Big Dave
Doyledee 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: August 22, 2005 at 10:40 PM / IP Logged  
79 ford Ltd Landau.... Baby blue with 4 doors....302 v-8 smoked one tire....
97 Sebring Jx convertible
1500 RF amp with 2-10" Lanzar subs
2005 suzuki Katana 600
speedwayaudio1 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2005 at 1:27 AM / IP Logged  
Loved those old ltd's
Big Dave
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2005 at 10:50 AM / IP Logged  
'72 Olds 88, coupe. TH-400 tranny, bolted to a Rocket 350 motor. (only big-block, 4-bolt 350 ever made by Generic Motors) A real sleeper! It'd light 'em BOTH up for 50 yards!
Craig R3 "200 watt" amp in the trunk for a white Pioneer (home) woofer, a RS cassette deck in the dash, right above the Audiovox "1000 watt" EQ/booster!
We've come a long way, baby!
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
godd dan it 
Copper - Posts: 446
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2005 at 7:42 PM / IP Logged  

Mercedes 190E

speedwayaudio1 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2005 at 5:49 AM / IP Logged  
godd dan it wrote:

Mercedes 190E

that's it? no story?                                                                                 
Big Dave
speedwayaudio1 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2005 at 5:51 AM / IP Logged  
that's it? no story?
Big Dave
godd dan it 
Copper - Posts: 446
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2005 at 1:29 AM / IP Logged  
speedwayaudio1 wrote:
godd dan it wrote:

Mercedes 190E

that's it? no story?                                                                                 

With lots of mods. what was your first ride? - Page 3 -- posted image.

dday 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2005 at 3:11 PM / IP Logged  

Had a black 86 cavalier hatchback RS, called it the hell raiser hatch back. Had temp tags on it when I slid it sidways into a stop sign and put a huge dent behind the door. Awesome system though, a pioneer 2 knob cassette deck with pyramid 4in plate speakers in the dash and stock rear speakers and 2 Orion XTR DVC's in a home made uncarpeted box with a giant pyramid 4 channel amp both channels bridged powering those Orions.  Stupid kids we were stole a keg from a party one time, threw the keg in the back seat, ran the tap up to the front seats and drove up the back roads holding the doors open with our feet drinking from the keg jamming to the superman theme song. How I lived to 30 I'll never know.  Really small town (<400 people) and a different time.

DISCLAMER- This is a story, just a story and if anyone is stupid enough to try this DON'T as we were very luck to not get pulled over or worse.

Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic