icon

sub recommendation for 300 watt amp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dunnrj 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2005 at 9:51 PM / IP Logged  

backround: i bought a sony 4x60 watt amp with built in equalizer a couple years ago to put 4 speakers in my truck (no room for a sub), but my truck died before i installed it,   its been sitting around and i was about to try to sell it on ebay.  i've been wanting to put some loud subs in my car (audi a4) but decided that i have this amp, that can be bridged to 150x2 so i figured i might as well use it...

what subs should i put in that will not be too expensive (i know i dont need some expensive ones if i'm running 150 watts through each of them) and will sound alright....  

i was thinking 10's....   should i put in a bandpass box?  i listen to all kinds of music, but i figure i'll want the bass right when i am listening to hip hop and rap and what not...  

i saw these http://www.crutchfield.com/S-HJGzch2yaSK/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=510&I=028V103BP and http://www.crutchfield.com/S-HJGzch2yaSK/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=510&I=037ABB102Q

i know they are cheap...  but is it really gonna be a waste? or will they sound alright just running 300 watts through them?

recommendations....

Bigsingh 
Copper - Posts: 204
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2005 at 4:14 AM / IP Logged  
150w rms huh, u can get a pair of rockford p1's in the car. 2 12's shud do it. and they will go loud. don't go ten's if you've got the space, go twelves. the subs hit 300w max the Pnom is 150w so they shud run good. im not sure about america but over in the uk we can pick up p1's for around £70, not bad ey
6* Rockford T2's
6* POWER AMPs
BLACK CORRADO
BAANNGGIINN
Bigsingh 
Copper - Posts: 204
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2005 at 4:51 AM / IP Logged  
yea and i'd stick em in ported, 1.25 cubic feet shud do it
6* Rockford T2's
6* POWER AMPs
BLACK CORRADO
BAANNGGIINN
Francious70 
Silver - Posts: 629
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2005 at 10:27 AM / IP Logged  
I'd get an Infinity Kappa Perfect 12.1, but not the 12.1d, and put it in a 1.25 cubic fot gross sealed box. Bridge that on your amp for total of 300 watts to your sub.
Mmmm, sounds good.
Paul
modena0 
Copper - Posts: 85
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2005 at 1:44 PM / IP Logged  
i was always personally a big fan of the JL 10 or 12 W0. i had one of those in my truck running off 100W and it sounded great, if a little underpowered. if you got two for 300W you'd be good.
2000 Chevrolet S10
Premier DEH-P860MP
JL Audio XR650-CSi components
Boston 4x6 splits
JL Audio 10W3v2
Alpine MRP-M350
Clarion APA-4162
sedate 
Silver - Posts: 1,173
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2005 at 6:07 PM / IP Logged  
I had a 12w0 once.
It sounded like a lawnmower running over a golf-club.. only not as loud.
I do abhor recommending JL subs but the W1's are apparently pretty good, but I wouldn't touch them with a 10-foot stick.
Francious he has a 4-channel he's already bridging. He'd have to use a 12.1d! <--that is actually an amazing sub, but I'd have reservations about running a dvc sub off a 4-channel in quite that manner. But, you can grab one here.
http://www.cardomain.com/item/INFPERFECT121D
I don't know if I'd recommend a pre-fab bandbass box for cheapo subs at all. That would have to epitomize 'one-note-bass' .. maybe some 10's and a standard q-logic box.. Try a pair of these.
http://www.cardomain.com/item/JBLGTO1002D
Inside of one of these.
http://www.cardomain.com/item/QLCQLH10010DS
That sound 10x better than that Audiobahn or Visionik thing you posted. I mean. Those would sound *really* awful.
"I'm finished!" - Daniel Plainview

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic