icon

Dircted 1100d 1 ohm stable?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
awsomedude 
Copper - Posts: 50
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2005 at 11:06 AM / IP Logged  
Here is my setup I have two directed 1100d amps pushing 2 solo baric 15 inch L7 subs with dual 2 ohm voice coils. Now in my mind I would wire these in parallel to get 1 ohm and get 1100d watts out of my amp and run one sub to each amp. So I did that hooked them both up the same way and one of them gets hot  then blows the fuses and that is not playing them loud we are talking low volumes here. This is the second amplifier this has happened to me with and so I triple checked all my connects and they are all correct. Any ideas on whay could be happening?
fuseblower 
Silver - Posts: 403
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2005 at 11:51 AM / IP Logged  

The amps that you have are set-up to run at 1 ohm according to the specs.  Did the second amp that went do it on the same speaker as teh 1st.  It could be a problem with the speaker or the wiring in the box.  I would take the probably bad amp and try it on the other speaker and see what happens.  If you don't get the same problem you have a wiring or speaker problem.

awsomedude 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2005 at 12:13 PM / IP Logged  

I just bought 2 12 inch L5s with dual 4ohm voice coils and hooked those up and those killed the first one. And then in my other car I have the 15s and they are brand new too. So I have never hooked anything up to these speakers before. But I havent checked yet, but when the other one blew the fuses, I replaced them and it blew ther fuses again even when the speakers were not hooked to it. Also the other amp gets warm is that normal?

fuseblower 
Silver - Posts: 403
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2005 at 1:19 PM / IP Logged  
Sounds like either you have a bad amp or something is wrong with your electrical system in your car if you have everything else hook up correct.  There is a very small chance that you got two bad amps but with mass production and bulk shipping who knows.  But just in case, have the amps tested before you buy them if they are store bought.
vinman75 
Copper - Posts: 63
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2005 at 1:12 AM / IP Logged  
Were the two 15" L7's in a common chamber box? In other words were they in a box with no divider?
davis87 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2005 at 9:27 AM / IP Logged  
The power supply is bad in the amp that is blowing fuses.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic