icon

proper setup to boost audio performance

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
coyoteboy18 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2005 at 11:04 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the info fellas. I went back to Aspen Sound and told them exactly what you said, about how the speakers could not possibly be causing the power flux, and the rep I talked to (who wasn't the first guy I spoke to) agreed 100%. They tried to hook me up with some 400$ kicker speakers as well as a kicker woofer and amp, saying that it would solve the issue. Taking your advice Forbidden, I then went to Best Buy and talked to the install guy. He agreed that the issue was most likely the cd deck. I purchased a 169.00 Dual Deck, model number XD7500 which was on sale there. I was told that it wasnt the best but I really didnt want to drop 200$+ on a deck alone. I also got a pair of Alpine 5.25" SPS-130A Type S speakers to mount up front. The current 5.25" Depth Charge speakers that I have cannot be turned past volume 17 in my vehicle, nor my fathers truck without encountering serious distortion. Im hoping that these more expensive speakers can handle better without encountering audio distortion. Either way, I have 30 days to return either of these, the speakers or the deck, if I am not completely satisfied (or if the problem is not solved). If either of these products, the deck or the speakers seem to any of you more knowledgeable individuals to be a poor choice, either for quality or for reliability, please let me know so I can exchange them for something better. I'm really only looking to spend between 300 to 350$ for both the deck and the front speakers as most of my funds are heading towards tuition. Thanks for taking the time to respond fellas, your expertise is greatly appreciated.

-Coyoteboy18 

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic