icon

83 deville remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mrjc480 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2005 at 11:01 AM / IP Logged  

im doing a remote start on a 83 cadillac deville and during activation the starter will crank but it will not stay started.  i have 12+ constant  and 12+ ignition when remote start is engaged.  when i jump the 12+ constant to the ignition the engine will stay running.  is there a possibility that the relay is not is not putting out enough amperage?  please help me out, thank you

Im moving to MEXICO and Im not speaking spanish!
mrjc480 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2005 at 12:26 PM / IP Logged  
yes i did
iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2005 at 1:25 PM / IP Logged  
What brand/model are you using? Are the relays external or built into the unit. If external, try swapping the accessory and ignition relays to at least get it running and to see if the ignition relay is bad.
Steve G
mrjc480 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2005 at 1:42 PM / IP Logged  
it is a hornet 564t,  there is one sattelite relay that houses  constant, starter, ignition, second ignition, and accessory.  when i jump ignition to accessory or constant to accessory,  the engine doesnt not stay started,  only when i jump constant to ignition.
iskidoo 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2005 at 1:47 PM / IP Logged  
Check for a negative output going to the satelitte for the ignition relay. Check the fuse supplying the satelitte relays. One may be fine and the other may be blown.
Steve G
mrjc480 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2005 at 9:50 PM / IP Logged  
there is negative output going to the relay, i have 12+ coming out of the ignition lead, however it seems to drop to 10 volts during cranking.  when i cross the constant 12+ with the ignition lead the car will stay running.
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 28, 2005 at 8:32 AM / IP Logged  
Post  your Igntion wires you have connected...........
This is a Coupe DeVille?
MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
iskidoo 
Posted: July 28, 2005 at 9:00 AM / IP Logged  
Make sure the accessory relay output and the ignition output are not swapped because the accessory drops out during cranking which wouldn't allow it to start. Start it with the key and then activate the remote starter. Turn the key off...does the engine stay running?
Steve G
mrjc480 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2005 at 12:25 PM / IP Logged  

the engine does stay running when i start with a key, then activate the remote start and remove the key.  off the relay i have...

(ignition) pink to vehicle pink

(accessory) orange to vehicle orange

(constant) both reds to vehicle red

ive also tried using the relays' 2nd ignition to vehicle ignition.  i am now just going to use a relay the to get 12+ from the constant and the trigger from the ignition.  let me know if this is a good idea or not.

mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 28, 2005 at 2:24 PM / IP Logged  

On your FACTORY wires:

If you have a BROWN wire at Ignition Switch...that will be your ACCESSORY
The ORANGE wire at Ignition Switch should be treated as 2nd Ignition ( or should be powered while and after cranking )

MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic