icon

CD Player Shutting Down

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Master Asylum 
Silver - Posts: 400
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2005 at 1:45 PM / IP Logged  
Ok I got the Eclipse 8454. And this summer has been getting hot as hell recently. Infact after some points my CD track begin to delay playing, then just stop. Starts putting out the Info 3(Dirty Disc) error. I reset it, wouldn't play it. Took to the shop, couldn't get it to work, switched CDs, worked fine again. Was like ok... Well it did it AGAIN this weekend. I'm not content with the idea of resetting the SoB all the time. The only thing I can think that might be the problem is the and maybe a protection is disabling the CD player. Not the entire unit, just CDs. Which makes no sense to me. I don't wanna reset it again incase no one has any ideas, I'll take it up to shop soon so they can see the problem. My only idea for maybe it not doing this again is to switch to radio before I leave the car sit, and let the car run for like 15 mins with AC on before even trying, which is about worthless when most my trips only TAKE 15 mins... Anyone else got any ideas? Just getting a lil frustrated with the product. I already had to have 1 swapped because it had power issues.
1998 Monte Carlo w/
Eclipse CD8454
2xRockford 5.25" Power 2-way T152C
2xRockford 6"x9" Punch 3-way FRC4369
1xMemphis 16-MCH1300 5-channel
2xKicker 12" L5 Solobaric-2 Ohm
boulderguy 
Silver - Posts: 510
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2005 at 3:27 PM / IP Logged  
I've seen some CD player internal mounts that sit on four rubber "pods" of gel as the suspension system to absorb vibration.  If yours has a similiar system, maybe it's heating up so much that the jitter is more than the unit can handle.  If you're in the Phoenix area lately this would make sense.
Master Asylum 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2005 at 3:32 PM / IP Logged  
I'm in southwestern ohio, we are hitting 90 degree weather with some piss poor humidity.
1998 Monte Carlo w/
Eclipse CD8454
Master Asylum 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2005 at 1:27 PM / IP Logged  
any other ideas?
1998 Monte Carlo w/
Eclipse CD8454
Drainage 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2005 at 7:57 PM / IP Logged  
The same thing kept happening to my 8454. I figured that dust got in it or something. So I vacummed it out through the dust cover and it worked great for awhile, then it would do the same thing. Pi$$ed me off so bad. Anyway, I got fed up and took it back to the shop I bought it. They ordered a new one for me right then since it hasn't been a year since I bought it and there is a 3 year warranty through Eclipse. 1st year you get a replacement, 2nd and 3rd year they fix it. If you got it on the internet, you may have to pay up to $100 to get it fixed. I don't know. But good luck. I've heard of a couple other people who had the same problem. Supposed to be one of the best out there and it doesn't even play CDs. I hope they fixed the bug on the one I am getting.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic