2005 Tahoe replace stereo

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
edwcdc 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2005 at 9:00 AM / IP Logged  

Hey Guys,

I have a friend with a 2005 Tahoe. The radio is from what I gather, a stock Bose base unit with single cd and cassette. From what the stores are telling him, he will need to relocate the factory radio inorder to retain some of the functions. From what he tells me, you need the radio to reset some of the warning features like tire presure.

He asked me to put the stereo from his old truck into his 2005 Tahoe. I would like to help him but I think I would need a harness to relocate the radio elswhere in the truck. Do any of you guys know of a part you can point me to. Also any tips or words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Ed

my dad has a shovel
jstruckman 
Copper - Posts: 465
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2005 at 9:42 AM / IP Logged  
You can just use an Onstar interface, Metra, Soundgate, PAC, PIE, Peripheral, they all make them. The part is usually around 125-150 bucks. With the interface it is a peice of cake to replace those radios.
Jazzy
edwcdc 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2005 at 10:56 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the reply jstruckman. Are you saying that I should replace the radio or relocate it?
my dad has a shovel
jstruckman 
Copper - Posts: 465
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2005 at 11:07 AM / IP Logged  
i would just use an interface and not worry about relocating the radio.
Jazzy
edwcdc 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2005 at 12:34 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks. I found a couple of those interfaces online and sent my friend's wife the link so she can order the part. Now if only she will let him get it.2005 Tahoe replace stereo - Last Post -- posted image.

Thanks again jstruckman.

my dad has a shovel

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic