icon

1996 Mazada 626

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jnuts247 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2005 at 11:20 PM / IP Logged  
I Am Having A Problem Trying To Install A Pioneer DEH-P670MP In A 1996 Mazada 626. Here Is The Problem I Hooked Everything Up And I Got Nothing??? I Checked All The Fuse's And Rechecked All Of My Wiring, And I Found Nothing, The Only Thing I Saw Is That There Is A Thrid Wire Harness That I Don't Know What It Is (Ground??) That Does Not Connect To Anything?? It Is A Lil Black Clip With What I Think Is 2 Wires Inside?? Any Ideas??? Help ASAP!!! Thanks In Advance!!!1996 Mazada 626 -- posted image.
brianrwebb 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2005 at 11:41 PM / IP Logged  

did you check the wire harness of the Pioneer against the '96 626 wire guide here on 12volt?

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/detail.asp?info=alarm&year=1995-96&make=Mazda&model=626&ID=18269&type=Stereo

the ground on the 626, at least on the '99 i worked on, is not on the wire harness but is on the chassis of the radio itself, via a black crimped plug. does the Pioneer even turn on? or does it just not put out sound?

i think the wire you are refering to in your post is the ground wire, and therefore nothing would work without the ground being attached. you need to wire this ground into your Pioneer wiring harness.

you have a voltmeter. if you touch this misc. wire with it and against a positive lead, bet you'll get a +/-12V reading.

jnuts247 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2005 at 12:16 AM / IP Logged  
The Pioneer Does Have The Ground Coming Right Out Of Its Harness, And No The Unit Will Not Turn On At All???
jnuts247 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2005 at 12:20 AM / IP Logged  
I Also Meant To Say, I Tried Hooking Up The Ground To The Chassis Of The Car (The Ground That Comes Out Of The Pioneer) I Tried Several Different Spots, And I Got No Response From The Radio? I Have No Idea What It Could Be??? I Have A Couple Hours Tomorrow To Work On It But That Is All The Time I Have So Hopefully I Can Figure Something Out Before Then, Thanks For The Help!
jnuts247 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2005 at 1:03 PM / IP Logged  
I Figured it out, it was something stupid that i knew it would be..... anywayz first i tested the head unit to make sure it worked and it did then when i pluged the clips in something felt wierd like there was not click so i pulled the clips out... on the power clip there were two pins bent (power,Constant Power) so i bent them back clipped the plugs in and it worked!!! Thanks for the help
brianrwebb 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2005 at 2:19 PM / IP Logged  

okay, so it was the Pioneer wiring harness connector that had bent pins on it thatcaused the unit to not receive power, great new then, everything works fine now. yeah, on those Mazdas the ground is a seperate pin plug, sometimes things like that throw people, but the bent pins were an easy fix.

do you just have the Pioneer HeadUnit grounded to the chasis then?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic