icon

sanding bondo.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
biznisman2u 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2005 at 12:43 PM / IP Logged  
hey.. i have made a subwoofer box with a fiberglass top (subs shooting up) and I actually just added some of that red bondo body filler.... i have 60 and 80 grit sanded it.. and thats where i'm at now.... up to what point will i know im finish with the sanding on the bondo? i am shooting for a paint job finish but will satisfy (and might end up) for a vinyl type finish..... also... after the bondo stage... what should i do next for A. paint finish and B. vinyl finish..... i will be posting pictures soon....thanks in advance
Biznisman2u
mi_what 
Copper - Posts: 208
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2005 at 6:12 PM / IP Logged  
you're staying on the right track for now. The next grit I would go with is either 100 or 120. After you make those smooth work on the next up grit...usually somewhere along the lines of 220. keep up this pattern til it becomes smooth (really, really, really smooth) as for the pinholes left (all of those little pits from the bondo)go to your local auto parts store: Autozone, pepboys, etc. and look for a product that looks almost like the cream hardener that comes with the big container of bondo it should be called "Spot Glazing Putty" it's kinda like a thinner make of bondo. Don't worry much about painting or vinyling, just put it this way...if you don't own a paint booth, air compressor, paint gun (preferably a gravity fed gun), high build primer, and paint I would consider paying a paint and body shop or just using vinyl.
stavy customs1 
Copper - Posts: 63
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2005 at 4:14 AM / IP Logged  
sand the primer with 180 grit. once its all even. Get glaze filler putty from an auto supply store. WETSAND it with 320 or 400 grit. should be it
Best Buy Installer

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic