New Fibreglass sound system install

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kyle5000 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2005 at 1:05 PM / IP Logged  

Hi there everyone

Right, first things first i have 2 x 12" Audiobahn subwoofers, 1x Legacy Blue 1600watt amplifier and 1 x 600 watt amplifer for my audiobahn 6x9's. I want to build a new closure, previoulsy i have used carpet and MDF, but now i want to step up to fibreglassing. I think i know the basics, i need a wooden frame, and then something for the resin to go on, what should this material be as i have heard people say tape or a sheet of something?

From there all is involved is more fibreglass and then filling and smoothing with a bit of painting, which is no problem, its just getting the shape/frame which i am having problems with!!

Oh yeah, and finally if i were to get a power capacitor for my larger amplifier, what would you recommend considering its a 1600watt. i have the choice of a Legacy 1.2 Farad or a Legacy 2 Farad, which would do the job better?? Thanks for any help.

yamahaking2000 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2005 at 3:27 PM / IP Logged  
you should read up on how the proccess goes becuz your work time is VERY limited so once you start u better kno what your doing...... also you should use a cloth of some sort to make the form of the box you want......
2 Infinity Kappa Perfect 10.1D - Sony crap amp(cant find my specs lol)
phatx96xaccord 
Copper - Posts: 118
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2005 at 3:54 PM / IP Logged  

i would use atleast the 2 farad,  probably no smaller than that, for one amp.  but try a alternator upgrade. should be better off

i have a brand new 1.5 farad dig capacitor for sale if u are interested.  $75 bucks shipped/  with some power and ground wire

would u like your chicken original or extra crispy?
kyle5000 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2005 at 12:14 PM / IP Logged  

Ok, thats good advice, thanks. Got any idea where i can read up on the process. I found a max power book which gives a rough idea but i want something with a bit more detail, because like you say i dont want to make a big mistake as it will cost a lot of time and money!! thanks for the advice

Master Asylum 
Silver - Posts: 400
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2005 at 12:30 PM / IP Logged  

Well the forum here on Fiberglass and Interiors is REALLY good for overall advice. "search" is a great function to find projects. :)

1998 Monte Carlo w/
Eclipse CD8454
2xRockford 5.25" Power 2-way T152C
2xRockford 6"x9" Punch 3-way FRC4369
1xMemphis 16-MCH1300 5-channel
2xKicker 12" L5 Solobaric-2 Ohm
fr33w0rld 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2005 at 1:10 PM / IP Logged  
run 2  1 fard caps...my suggestion is got get a optima battery for starters...i was runing 2 x 1500 rms amps off the stock batter with my 18's...the lights were at a point were they almost turned off...i put an optima red top 34/78 in...and they hardly dimmed at all...
boardinbum 
Silver - Posts: 358
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2005 at 2:03 PM / IP Logged  
You're running your 6x9's off of a mono amp?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic