icon

Alphasonik

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Tnilli 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2005 at 3:11 AM / IP Logged  
Hey everyone. I have been trying to do a lot of research for my budget and i think i have found a brand to work with. I plan to do a full install, 2 subs, 2 amps, new speakers, all of it Alphasonik. I dont really know a whole lot about them, and im currently trying to find a store to listen to them in. I know this is a very flashy sub/speaker company but i was wondering if anyone has had experince with their sounds. I want Sound Quality (!) more than ANYTHING.  I listen to rock music...so i want two 10's in a ported box.  Thanks for all imput!
jstruckman 
Copper - Posts: 465
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2005 at 12:33 PM / IP Logged  
Well if sound quality is what you are looking for, i don't think Alphasonik would be your best bet. Alphosonik is the same company as Audiobahn. If you know anything about Audiobahn, then you know sound qualilty is not one of there priorities. I have never heard any Alphasonik gear but i am pretty sure it is just rebadged Audiobahn stuff. But find a place to listen to them and see what you think, if you like the gear then go with it.
Jazzy
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 02, 2005 at 11:42 PM / IP Logged  

Those amplifiers have an impressive look to them but I don't know any dealers who carry them either.  The website's BIG warning is that there are no authorized internet dealers, so I hope you have a local dealer who can provide you with the gear and the warranty.

Speakers are often a different thing altogether than electronic components...and one manufacturer who puts out a good line of one doesn't necessarily put out a good line of the other.  Listen and do careful comparisons when choosing the speakers...all of them...as that is the most critical part of your system's sound.  If you have to break from the "one brand" philosophy to get the best setup for your budget, you shouldn't hesitate to do so.

Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
godblessdremil 
Silver - Posts: 273
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2005 at 10:45 PM / IP Logged  
I work at a shop and we are an dealer of alphasonik and when properlly installed i have never seen a problem with it. alphasonik's been around a long time since 75 and trust me they know what there doing. As for advice on the brand Z series is there bottom of the line so if ya want excellent quallity i would go with the 800 series. The subs are heavy duty and well made and all customers that have them are happy with it. The 800D class d mono amp will probally serve you sub needs. we put some of the new 15" kickers in there at 4 ohms and the gain wasn't even half way and the expedition was shaking. Basaclly the only people i seen knock it are the JL nuts who basaclly think it is god and they know no other brand or the bestbuy/tweeter guys, and i seen the installs they do 6ft grounds and wood screws to secure the ground to chassie. Basaclly at teh shop here we all have alphasonik's in our cars and are happy with it.
godblessdremil 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2005 at 10:49 PM / IP Logged  
Oh and i forgot to find a dealer near you just go to http://www.alphasonik.com/ and go to dealer locations.
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 03, 2005 at 10:55 PM / IP Logged  

godblessdremil wrote:
and the gain wasn't even half way and the expedition was shaking

uh, what do you mean by that? 

Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
godblessdremil 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2005 at 11:12 PM / IP Logged  
I know bad measurement of power but my point was that the amp pushes alot of power and will probally be enough for his needs. And as for shaking i was sitting in the front seat and it felt like a massage chair.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic