icon

How to get the most power out of my sub

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2002 at 7:17 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry wasn’t thinking correctly St. Dark  is correct. If you bridge it the load will be cut in half giving you a 1 ohm load. The best way to get the most out of your amp would be a 4ohm load.  Thanks St. Dark for catching my error.
65Kegzar 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2002 at 9:50 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, I am very green with this whole electricity, load, stuff.  Let me replay what I just read.  I am going to use the speakers at I want to put into my integra.  I have 3qty JL 12W6's.  Now unless I am incorrect if I wire the subs in parallel that should drop the resistance to 2ohms, correct?  Assuming I am right on that, as long as I get an amp that is "mono" and 2ohm stable that should work like a charm, no?  Now on the other side, I was looking a getting a BD1500 to push these three subs.  What is the pro's opinion on that?
bberman1 
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2002 at 10:45 PM / IP Logged  
No if you had 3 6 ohm w6’s you would get either a 1 ohm load if you wired them parallel http://www.audiobahninc.com/tech/parallel-parallel-dual-6.gif or 4 ohms if you wired them in series- parallel http://www.audiobahninc.com/tech/series-parallel-dual-6.gif  The BD1500 puts out 750 Watts X 1 @ 4 Ohms and 1500 Watts X 1 @ 2 Ohms Since you can only get a 1 or 4 ohm load out of your subs if you got the BD1500 you would only be able to run it in 4ohms getting 750 watts. Might want to look @ the JL 1000/1 which will put out 1000 watts @ 4 ohms. http://www.jlaudio.com/amps/10001.html it’s a very good amp and defiantly worth the money.  If you get this amp use the Series-Parallel configuration listed above. Hope this helps
65Kegzar 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2002 at 4:19 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the advices.  What do you think.  Will this get me to  where the amp will see a 1ohm load?  If I use the 1ohm/parallel wiring configuration and get a two channel amp and bridge it.  What do you think of that and what kind of amp would you use then?
65Kegzar 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2002 at 4:35 AM / IP Logged  

I just looked and I found this I dont know if there are any other manufactures out there that have something similar, if you let me know http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/ezcompare/ezcompare/model_info.asp?visitid=1414512&model=10058954   Thanks for your help, its much appreciated.

65Kegzar 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2002 at 4:54 AM / IP Logged  
Then there is the Sound Stream Tarantula TR 1760/D, but god only knows what they are wanting for one of those.  Image the widow maker model with red neon under and throughout a black car, and red neon coming out of the amp.  Hold on a sec, I need  to go take care of something.How to get the most power out of my sub - Page 2 -- posted image.
bberman1 
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2002 at 9:23 AM / IP Logged  
The Fosgate wont work because if you have a 4 ohm load and then you bridge you end up with a 2 ohm load. I try to stay away from Sound Stream. But like I said before that JL will work well in your setup. Also you might want to look at some of Audiobah’s  class D amps. They are all stable at 1 Ohm http://www.audiobahninc.com f
pervitizm 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2002 at 6:34 PM / IP Logged  

So if you parallel a DVC 4 ohm sub into 2ohms, then you have a 2 channel amp that's stable down to 2 ohm, then you can't run the sub in the parallel setup because in it's brigded state it will only see it as a 1 ohm load??????How to get the most power out of my sub - Page 2 -- posted image.

WOW, you learn something new everyday I tell ya

live & die 4 tha luv of BASS!!!!
65Kegzar 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2002 at 8:57 PM / IP Logged  

My reasoning for the sound stream amp is they have a Tarantula that is built to put out 1760watts at 4 ohms.  But I am curious why the grudge against sound stream.  My email address is royweeks@hotmail.com if you choose to voice you opion I would love to hear it.  When you are talking about spending that kind of money on an amp you want to get a stellar product.

Thanks again,

Roy

65Kegzar 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2002 at 9:00 PM / IP Logged  
My only thought on the JL amp is will it be enough power?  I know that amp is nothing to sneeze at but those subs are power hungry and I dont want to clip my amp and blow a speak(I just learned that. hehe).  You obviously know more than me about this thing so by all means, hit me with it.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic