Alpine CDA-9847 install

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
john422 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2005 at 11:05 AM / IP Logged  

Hey everyone,

I just bought an Alpine CDA-9847 head unit and I am trying to wire it up to a 2001 Nissan Pathfinder.  I haven't been able to find any wiring diagrams or information for the 2001 Pathfinder.  I am hoping that perhaps someone out there knows how to install this and has some information for me.  If you know or know where I can find the wiring diargrams I would appreciate all the help.  Thanks.

John.

john422 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2005 at 11:43 AM / IP Logged  
To clarify where I am running into problems, I don't know which wires connect to the Alpine head unit and I haven't been able to find any diagrams or manuals saying which color corresponds to what.  Thanks in advance for any help.
jstruckman 
Copper - Posts: 465
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2005 at 12:38 PM / IP Logged  
Did you get the Metra harness for your vehicle, it would make your install much easier.
Jazzy
john422 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2005 at 1:03 PM / IP Logged  
I have the harness that came with the Alpine, the trouble is hooking that up to the existing wires.  I bought my car used and the previous owner had some garbage JVC reciever that I took out to hook up the Alpine.  The connections from the JVC and Alpine were different so I unhooked the wiring harness completely so now I just have the Nissan wires which need to be connected to the Alpine.  If someone knows which colors correspond to what then I would be all set.  Thanks for your reply Jazzy.
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 03, 2005 at 2:48 PM / IP Logged  
As Jazzy said, you need a Metra harness.  That way, you don't have to guess what's what, and can plug in your Alpine to your factory harness.  Pay your local stereo shop a visit, they'll show you what you need.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
john422 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2005 at 3:00 PM / IP Logged  
thanks for the help. 
john422 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2005 at 8:55 AM / IP Logged  

I can't use the wiring harness because the wires are exposed and I'm dealing with a chopped installation.  If anyone has or knows where to get the wiring diagram please let me know.  thanks.

geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 04, 2005 at 7:41 PM / IP Logged  
www.installdr.com
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
mrmsudawgs 
Copper - Posts: 145
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2005 at 7:51 PM / IP Logged  
There is a guy in the f150.net forums that has a program that gives the wiring diagram for almost any vehicle. He offers it for free to anyone. Just send him an e-mail with your vehicle's make and model and he will e-mail you the wiring diagram. Click here for the link to his post
Mike
2000 F150 Supercab Lariat, Alpine CDA-9831, Polk MMC570 in Doors, One Polk MM2104 Sub, One Polk Carbon C400.4 Amp.
John 3:16
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 04, 2005 at 7:57 PM / IP Logged  

That dude must not have read the fine print.  It could cost him the price of the program for every "free service" he so blantantly offers.  People's identities are not hard to find...

...and going on four months now?

Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic