AVIC-D1 Backgrounds and Parking Brake

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
granpa yum 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2005 at 11:23 PM / IP Logged  

Hi,

I have a Pioneer AVIC-D1 in my 2001 Honda Accord. I just installed it tonight and it works great and I love it! There are a few things I am wondering about. http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/article/0,,2076_15019770_117972345,00.html At that link it says the D1 has backgrounds preloaded on the dvd. I have the east coast dvd in the drive and it works great but theres no "Background Picture Setting" in the settings menu. I also cant access some of the GPS views.

When I start the car, the unit says the parking brake is improperly connected then I hit ok and it goes away. I also did not connect the VSS wire yet, I'm going to have my friend do that cos he's a mechanic and I dont want to mess up anything in/near the ECU.

What I want to know is if the parking brake is related to the missing GPS views and background things and if so, how can I fix it. If its not that then what am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

granpa yum 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2005 at 2:44 PM / IP Logged  

I got the backgrounds working! It turns out its in the menu for the nav, not the main settings. the animated backgrounds arent animated though.

parking brake is still reported as improperly connected. its supposed to be connected to the power supply side of the parking brake right? thats what i have it hooked up to.

vycor 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2005 at 10:58 AM / IP Logged  
You are receiving that parking break message, because the system KNOWS to check for it. What its doing is checking for the parking brake wire. It wants to see it NOT connected when you start the system. By its design, you are supposed to put your vehicle's parking brake on after the units been turned on. Since it sees you already grounded it, its giong to yell at you. Why the message then? Well come on its just another thing pioneer put in so nobody SUES them. Thats really why they do all this, so nobody comes back to them and sues them. They put warning messages in but they also left ways around it... Coming from a company that made products that police thought were illegal (neon lights), we always had warning stickers on our items, just so nobody sues us (for use offroad only)
extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2005 at 4:44 PM / IP Logged  
It gives the parkbrake warning for a little while, eventually it will stop. oh and
VSS blue/white     Located at the first plug on the ECM, it is a 32 pin gray plug. The ECM plugs can be accessed by pulling up the carpet on the passenger side of the center console. There are 4 plugs total.
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
chido 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2005 at 2:22 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 99 accord and I don't have experience with installs this involved (vss, reverse light, e-brake) and I did it with no problem. It's not as complicated as you would expect if you have a general backround doing decks, amp, subs, etc.
One question though, how did you mount it in the deck, what does it look like and can you post a pic. Mine looks good but it doesn't exactly have that oem look/fit that I assumed it would have.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic