Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
alpine0000 
Copper - Posts: 160
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2005 at 9:49 AM / IP Logged  
Velocity Motors wrote:

dc60531 wrote:
In there add it says that they fit 99% of all vehicles so I would imagine that they are somewhat standard. Just guessing though.

This is not correct, I'm surprised they would even consider putting this in their ad when almost all vehicles have different width legs on the headrests as well, they have different locking mechanisms. I'd be cautious about this product. Those monitor's on his ad looked to be Photoshop enhanced as well.

jeff,

i have read your article on headrests and learned a lot (i only wish my headrest were wide enough). i trust anything you say. i know that you know your stuff. id love to know how you would handle this situation if a customer brought their 4runner into your shop wanting monitors in the headrests. would you rebuild them? or just get new headrests? or maybe a different idea?

william

dc60531 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2005 at 4:43 AM / IP Logged  

Now that I think about it your right about the headrest not being standard. I looked at my sister van and then my mom's jeep and measured both and the about 1 1/2 inches off. Just to clarify that I am in no way connected to that ad it was something that I came across as an idea.

othater 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2005 at 4:54 PM / IP Logged  
I personally have a 94 landcruiser. The stock headrest weren't tall enough to hold a 5.6" monitor so I tried a friends Lexus and a 4Runners headrest. They both fit (I would stay with Toyota product). I ended up purchasing two used 4Runner headrest and had them re-uphostered. If the headrest have tilting mechanisms, you will need thin monitors otherwise they will stick out at the corners. I ended up with 7" monitors. Sticking out a little but are OK for the kids.
alpine0000 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2005 at 1:20 AM / IP Logged  

othater wrote:
I personally have a 94 landcruiser. The stock headrest weren't tall enough to hold a 5.6" monitor so I tried a friends Lexus and a 4Runners headrest. They both fit (I would stay with Toyota product). I ended up purchasing two used 4Runner headrest and had them re-uphostered. If the headrest have tilting mechanisms, you will need thin monitors otherwise they will stick out at the corners. I ended up with 7" monitors. Sticking out a little but are OK for the kids.

i find it amazing that you used a toyota 4runner headrest for 7" monitors, as a 7" monitor is bigger than the back of the headrest itself. can you please post pictures. i had 2 installers already tell me that my headrest is too small, not to mention i measures it myself and its smaller than most TVs TV's in 4runner headrest question - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

perhaps you used a different year 4runner headrest? please post pics, i am very interested in seeing this

thanks in advance!

azdoi 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2005 at 12:18 PM / IP Logged  
I've installed 7" Audiovox headrests into a 2004 4 runner, and they worked fine.  I'm not saying it was a walk in the park by any means, but they fit.  The seams were not straight but they looked ok. 
alpine0000 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2005 at 1:17 PM / IP Logged  

azdoi wrote:
I've installed 7" Audiovox headrests into a 2004 4 runner, and they worked fine.  I'm not saying it was a walk in the park by any means, but they fit.  The seams were not straight but they looked ok. 

i do not have a 2004 4runner (4th generation), i have a 2002 4runner (3rd generation). i have a totally different body and interior than the 2004. i know it would not be TOTALLY impossible to do this in my car, i just need some direction and ideas from those who have. it is not an easy task putting them in the stock headrests TV's in 4runner headrest question - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic