icon

LCD's mold

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
broncoman 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2005 at 11:23 AM / IP Logged  

I am planning on making a center console for my Bronco with two LCD's on it, one in the front and the other one in the back.  I am not sure how to make the mold for the screens. I do know something about the materials (FG, abs plastic, etc).  can someone tell me how to make it, step by step?  thanks. 

blufab 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2005 at 12:35 PM / IP Logged  

1.You could build a wood frame for the lcd and mount it to the console frame, or

2. Some lcds come w/ with a mounting frame/case, this can be mounted/secured to the console's frame, or

3. Carve the shape of the lcd in foam and make a mold from that and mount it.

Then you could wrap the whole thing in fleece and follow the basic steps for building a fiberglass subwoofer enclosure.

05honda 
Copper - Posts: 100
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2005 at 7:04 PM / IP Logged  

go to mp3car.com and look aroudn there they have alot of fourm help...especially on this topic.....good luck and post some pics once you start

Captanham 
Silver - Posts: 365
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2005 at 11:52 AM / IP Logged  

easiest way is to buy two headrest monitors, use the mounts for the headreasts (the "sleeve" type thing it goes into) and glass that.. or buy two screens, pull them apart, and glass the front plastic part...

Bad Boys Customs
    audio - video - security
If you use it. Suport it. Donate to the 12 volt!
JeremyJustSaid 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2005 at 12:43 PM / IP Logged  
I pulled my screen apart and molded the front peice right to the dash, i used some cat hair and a little bit of fiber glass, you can see the build up pics here.... Dash Pics
Heres a pic of how it came out
LCD's mold -- posted image.
broncoman 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2005 at 8:32 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for all the suggestions guys!, I'll be working on it as soon I finish my other work ( you can follow the progress of the actual work in the post title "FG Sub Box 1st")
snowboarderandy 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2005 at 12:34 AM / IP Logged  

I made a center console for my Bronco that has a LCD in the front, rear, and in the armrest. Two of the LCDs came with plastic frames and I molded them into my MDF console using superglue, fiberglass filler, and rage gold body filler. The third LCD in the armrest was a raw LCD that did not come with a plastic frame. I used a router to make a frame out of MDF to fit the LCD. I also cut a piece of plexiglass to put between the frame and LCD to protect it.

I used a lot of techniques that I learned from watching the DVDs from Glassman's Custom Forum. The dvds are great. There are pics of sub enclosures that someone molded into the cargo pockets in the back of a Bronco. You should check out his site. www.glassmanscustomforum.com

Good luck with your console and sub enclosure. If you have any questions about Ford Bronco's, let me know. I have done A LOT to my bronco.

Thanks,
Andy
blufab 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2005 at 11:51 AM / IP Logged  

lets see some pictures snowboarderandy! LCD's mold -- posted image.

broncoman 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2005 at 8:09 AM / IP Logged  

Hey Snowboarderandy,

Did you have some pics of your Bronco's work, I would like to take a look, to get some inspiration, since its the same car we are working on.

Thanks guys for all your comments here!!!!!

One_Dieu 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2005 at 4:16 PM / IP Logged  

Bronoman

If you do go to http://www.glassmanscustomforum.com/ check out some of the work that have done with my Durango aka Dieurango in the forum section .  This is where I post all my work.  I tried to post here but for some reason it never works out.  LCD's mold -- posted image.

Respect the Blood Line
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic