icon

cobra 962 which does not seem to work

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
puginfo 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2005 at 4:05 AM / IP Logged  

I have a cobra 962 which does not seem to work. i have replaced the batt in the remote control unit, tried to readj the freq tuning pot and still the same. i have opened up the alarm module and found another RF tuning pot on the motherboard, also tried to turn that up but still won't move. i have check all supp voltages, contants and etc. Any help here would be much appreciated. Its a basic unit with remote alarm turn on/off coupled to the power door lock, an ultra sonic sensor  and ign. cut off.

thks and cheers 

puginfo 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2005 at 7:48 PM / IP Logged  

>>> Thks for the reply Bob, more so on a new tread/topic for me to be on. The cobra 962 is a pretty simple box which does the ignition cutoff, power door activation/deactivation and also provides a ultrasonic option, when turned on. The problem right now is that, i'm unable to activate it via the remote RF control and there is no manual activation (ie via a key switch) for the unit. The car starts ok (because there is no alarm function now) and the power doors are to be activated by the manual key on the door. i have done the rest (basic checking) and find the supply and all are well, but need some help on the RF part of things. thks

cheers  

swamprat323 
Gold - Posts: 1,335
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2005 at 7:53 PM / IP Logged  
is there an antenna, is it plug in, not touching ground.
puginfo 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2005 at 9:07 AM / IP Logged  

swamprat323 wrote:
is there an antenna, is it plug in, not touching ground.

yes, there is a 2 metre long insulated cable which acts as an antenna which is soldered to the m.board on one side and the other end is inside the A pillar. it all worked fine till one day and i swapped over to the spare remote control, and that went well for about 1 week before it went dead again.  

swamprat323 
Gold - Posts: 1,335
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2005 at 9:38 AM / IP Logged  
since you trun the pot controls inside you might got it all out of wack. how to sync that back up, is way beyound me. i say scrap it and buy something eles.
puginfo 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2005 at 2:09 AM / IP Logged  

bobk wrote:
Turning the pots is never a good idea and makes the alarm useless, you might look at replacing. That is what I told him the other day.

hi all, thks for the inputs. regarding the pot inside the remote box , whenever the freq runs of a little rendering it unable to lock/unlock, i have sort of brought it back up by turning it clockwise or anti clkwise a little whilst holding the arm button down. the moment you get the rf right the alarm will engage and you can see it via the turn signals. i used to do this using a plastic screw driver over the pot. is there any other way i could do this better? especially the pot on the motherboard side?

cheers

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic