icon

Intellistart in Renault Clio, UK

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
joe_1 
Silver - Posts: 286
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2005 at 4:22 PM / IP Logged  
that is the exact same problem as i had, but i cannot remember how i done it, im sure i manged to programe it somehow.
Mm3stb 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2005 at 7:08 AM / IP Logged  

OH NO

The timing belt has snapped on the car so it's gonna be a couple of days before i can try anything else.

If you remember how you managed to overcome this problem or if anyone else has any ideas just let me know.

The only thing that i WAS going to try was programming the PRM via the Valet Swich instead of using the Clifford software but thats going to have to wait a couple of days untill we get the new head and timing belt on.

Many Thanks

Richard

joe_1 
Silver - Posts: 286
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2005 at 11:35 AM / IP Logged  
what a shame that happend to my mates clio, how many valves u recon u broke, if u need any help im a qualified technician,
Mm3stb 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2005 at 8:49 AM / IP Logged  

I wasn't  there when the head was taken off but i've been told there's a few valves bent. We got another head form our local scrap yard yesterday and new timing belt & Top end gasket set so it should be all systems go tonight.

We hope to have the car back on the road in a couple of days, my friend works awkward hours so were not gonna be able to start work on the car untill 10:30pm (it's not the first time we've worked on a car untill the early hours of the morning). We just wheel the car into the reception area of his work and work in there, u should see it, it's quite comical.

Mm3stb 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2005 at 12:31 PM / IP Logged  

MISSION ABORTED

Sadly my mate had a wee accident and we think it's more than likely a scrap job. im so anoyed as i wanted to get this one workin.

Anyway, were away to take out the 300 & intellistart and fit it to his Ford Fiesta XR2.

I just hope the ford doesnt give me as much problems as the renalt.

jobe454 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2005 at 4:43 PM / IP Logged  

does anyone have the installation guide for a clifford intellistart. please email me at coke95117@yahoo.com.

p.s. not intellistart 4 the original intellistart 1thank you.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic