icon

Best warm natural sounding Components?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
panerailover 
Copper - Posts: 47
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2005 at 1:22 PM / IP Logged  

Buddy you got me all wrong. All I wanted to share is my experience of listening of some of the best sound in home audio with you guys and then for you guys to help me new comps for reasonable price that would sound warm and natural or change my current setup which I will try with 6-10db pading, thanks. As you know you will never achieve the soundstage and imaging of good home audio in the car, so I don't bitch about $800 comps for the car I just don't see the poinbt of spending that much money. I would get those comps used from someone for $200 or so, but not spend that much on new. What do you think about these:

http://www.thezeb.com/p-CDT-Audio-EF-61-6-1-2-inch-Component-System-108381.htm   or

http://www.thezeb.com/p-CDT-Audio-CL-61A-6-1-2-inch-Component-System-101083.htm

http://www.thezeb.com/p-CDT-Audio-CL-62-6-1-2-inch-Component-System-108376.htm  180rms!! monsters

and I need 2 ways for back doors to match, any idea? how about these:

http://www.thezeb.com/p-CDT-Audio-CL-63-6-1-2-inch-Component-System-108378.htm

for the price and specs, sound very good, their ES line is too much, for that much I would mabe consider Dynaudio 240 series if I would spend that much.. PLus Dynaudiuo would be easier to resell later on on ebay, so what do you think of these as a replacement?

01 Lexus GS430 SOLD.. 04 BMW 545i Sport, NAV Logic7
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 06, 2005 at 3:40 PM / IP Logged  

I don't know...I guess I'm not getting your point, either.  I'm trying to figure out why you spent so much time trying to establish yourself as an highly particular audiophile, and then asking here about mainstream everyday car audio components and fretting about prices.  That's a lot of time spent reading that initial post just to find that it doesn't mean anything.  Sorry if I offended, but you could have just said you have a certain budget for SQ and go from there.  (And paragraphs would be a good thing.)

And btw, only his closest friends call him "Buddy".     ;)

Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
panerailover 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2005 at 10:35 PM / IP Logged  

You right Stendart, I should have said that I have small budget for SQ comps instead of wasting my time and going all out with my big story with no paragraphs, sorry that I made you read my long story, I appologize for that. I thought forums is for people talking and sharing ideas, I was wrong. Sorry that I may have offended your friend, but he came at me first just like you did here too.. I am not here to fight with you guys but pick your brain, if you don't mind, since you know a bit more then me, next time I have a problem, I will be straight to the point, sorry for the word count..

DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2005 at 11:40 PM / IP Logged  
No one's coming at you, chill out.  CDT comps are fine sounding speakers.  I put a set in my wife's car and they are nice.  If I was you, I'd go out and listen before I buy anything.
Support the12volt.com
panerailover 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2005 at 12:00 AM / IP Logged  
DY, I hope we cool and all.. I appologize for this little shibang.. You guys are great and very helpful. The things is where I lived before and where I live now, they do not have good stuff in the shops showroom but basic stuff or the best stuff they have would be bright sounding MB Quarts or Bostons.. I have not been in one shop that sells CDT's, Rainbow, Dynamat or even sell them.. That is why I wrote all my story for people to see where I am coming from and what I am looking for but not to spend $800 per comp set, but sweetest sounding speakers for the money. I wish I could go listen to Focals, which I found out are bright, and others I mentioned..
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2005 at 12:34 AM / IP Logged  

Before you continue with your upgrade, I might mention one last thing or rather reiterate something...

The high end speakers mentioned above are all very nice and have some individual characteristics to them that may or may not set them a part. However no matter the speaker or how higly reguarded they are...They will never live up to what they should unless PROPERLY installed. In your case you have some issues with your tweeter location.

So with that said, I still feel that you will be unhappy with the new tweeters, grant it they will be less harsh, but you will still have to contend with the time correction issue.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic