icon

2002 BMW X5 FM modulator?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Bnluis 
Silver - Posts: 578
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2005 at 8:15 PM / IP Logged  
Is there a way to install a hardwire fm modulator in to ths car, If so where are the antenna plugs?
has any one done it. I installed Xm radio Audiovox xr9 wireless built in and it sucks, I know the best way is an AUX adapter, the car has dsp and the customer is to cheap.
thanks guys
Luis
Sound Waves
Is up to the installer to test all wires with a DMM whenever possible.
brianrwebb 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2005 at 9:27 PM / IP Logged  

yes, easy as cake, but the modulator will cost him $20, as well as two antenna adaptors for the European radio plug. each $20. so it will cost you $60 just in parts alone. the Audiovox Switching Box will work with the XR9 and will turn on and off when the power to the XR9 is turned on and off.

2002 BMW  X5 FM modulator? -- posted image.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-brWkEidgESx/cgi-bin/prodview.asp?i=220SATSWB&s=0&cc=01

with a OEM male to standard female:

and a OEM female to a standard male:

hope this helps, but even the modulator with needed antenna adapters is not cheap, but still cheaper than a Blitzsafe DSP aux input adapter.

let us know if this helps. i installed a Dension Ice>Link plus in a 2001 X5 about six months ago. the radio is easy as hell to get to and there is more than enough room to put the modulator behind the radio/cd player. 

brianrwebb 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2005 at 9:46 PM / IP Logged  

well, if you're looking for cheap, seems the cheapest is on Crutchfield, unless someone knows of another website, as it would be $60shipped, free shipping. you know Crutchfield redesigned their website? just laid out diffeent now, hard to zip right to where you need to go now. but looks a lot slicker, lot more color and pictures, more gloss.

how and where did you mount the XR9? i put the Ice>Link on a Panavise vehicle specific mount, as the driver wanted open, easy access to the mounted Ipod.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic