Domelight connection, 2003 Chevrolet 2500HD

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Boattow 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2005 at 11:47 AM / IP Logged  

Hi,

I am installing a Scytek Galaxy 5100rs alarm system utilizing a 457G interface in a 2003 Chevrolet 2500HD crew cab pickup.  I think I have everything connected up right but not sure on the dome light connections.  It's a little unclear to me what the purpose is, the terminology used, and the polarity.  Maybe someone here can advise me.

The alarm manual states "PIN4 BLACK/ White wire: Dome Light Output (-) 500ma.  Connect to the wire that activates the vehicle's dome light, usually the door pin switch wire.  NOTE:  The dome light output can usually connect to the same wire used for the door trigger input (see Green and Violet trigger wires)."  (I have connected the Green door trigger wire to the green wire on the 457G intergace.  I'm assuming it will trigger the alarm when any door is opened.)

On the 457G interface, the install sheet states "Gray/Black - Option1 - Connect this wire to the vehicle's positive dome light circuit".

The vehicle wiring states "Domelight supervision / Gray/Black (-) / @ drivers door module in door

Alarm manual - http://www.scytek.net/pdf/Galaxy%205100RS-2W.pdf

457G interface manaual - http://www.directechs.com/guides/manuals/ig/accessories/N457G_10-04.pdf

2003 Silverado wiring diagram - http://www.directwholesale.net/diagrams/diagram.asp?ModelID=18373&MakeID=54&link=BULLDOG

Thanks for any help.  I'm a novice so any info or advise about this install is greatly appreciated.

Charles

Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 07, 2005 at 11:56 AM / IP Logged  
The domelight OUTPUT on the alarm is to turn on the car's domelight when you press unlock----------this does three things:
1. Flashes the domelight when the alarm goes off, to get more attention.
2. Activates the domelight when you press unlock, so you can see if an intruder is hiding in your car.
3. Keeps the domelight on for a certain amount of time after you get in the car, so you can find your car keys, set your coffee down, etcetera.
-------------------------------
The 457G will already turn on the domelight for purposes 2 and 3, but ONLY when the car is not running-------that is, if the remote start is already on, the domelight feature is not going to operate.
There should be a negative-trigger wire at the back of the domelight switch on the dash, that you can hook the Scytek's output to if you wish. I do not know the color.
But the 457G will do most of what you want, so you will probably not want to bother.
--------------------------------------------
Also, the 457G wants to "know" when the car's domelight is on----this is how it "tells" the alarm if someone has broken in.
Look at your underdash diagnostic plug. There is a small wire bundle just behind it, running from left to right. This bundle also runs up by the fusebox, and then up the A-pillar to the headliner.
Grab the harness where it's inside the fusebox, give it a tug and pull it down some, and open it up with a razor. The gray/black domelight wire is in there. And you'll find brake in there as light blue as well.
Boattow 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2005 at 12:04 PM / IP Logged  

Awesome!  Thanks so much for the quick and detailed reply.

Charles

azdoi 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2005 at 12:05 PM / IP Logged  
An easier place to grab the dome light is at the BCM.  It is in the small 3 pin plug  in the one closest to the passenger side.  There is a orange(I think), light green (reverse wire), and grey/black (dome light)
Boattow 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2005 at 12:48 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the info.  Does anyone know if there is another place to get the factory disarm wire from rather than in the driver's side door panel?  I'm out there now trying to figure out how to get the panel off.

Also, the 457G states to connect to the vehicle's positive dome light circuit, is the wire that Chris Luongo refers to ok to connect directly or do I have to reverse polarity with a relay?

Thanks so much for everyone's help.  These are the last 2 connections and then I'm ready to test.

Charles

JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2005 at 1:19 PM / IP Logged  
The 457G takes care of arming and disarming the factory alarm. You do not need to connect to the lt. green wire in the door.
Boattow 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2005 at 2:07 PM / IP Logged  

ooohhh, Just got done connecting it up.  Will that hurt anything or should I just disconnect it?

Going to connect up the domelight connections now and then ready to test.

Thanks to everyone for being so helpful.

Charles

Boattow 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2005 at 9:18 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks everyone for the help...I think everything is working properly now.  I'm sure I'll get more comfortable with it after I use it a few days.  The only thing that is kind of strange is if I stay inside the truck, set the alarm, manually unlock the door and open it, it will delay several seconds before the alarm goes off...don't really see a reason for that happening.  That option is turned off.

Thanks,

Charles

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic