icon

Loudest Nightclub I've Been In

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
skoldspuppy 
Silver - Posts: 342
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2005 at 12:02 PM / IP Logged  

Well It seems my friends that own a nightclub down here in South Florida might just have something to brag about

Last night during sound setup, we put a Term Lab Meter in the middle of the dance floor on a six foot boom
They played a 60hz tone and it hit 174.3 for 4 seconds it hurt very badly, so I decide to ask him what he was running and it seems all his fullrange are JBL pro series 32 of them and 4-80 cubic foot sub cases with 6 RE Audio MT' 15's in each one so thats 24 subs with close to 75,000 watts of power
Sustained was reading between 133 - 147 depending on the song
His goal he said when he buys a bigger building was to have nearly 100 fullrange/hornsand subs with over 100,000 watts of power so he can hit well over 180db, his current setup has over 3 million invested in lights and sound, so Im figuring something close to 10 million to hit over 180db sustained
I never noticed how painfull it is to be in one place listing to music at 120+ db for 4 hours even when drinking with earplugs and everything is muffled and numb my god the pressure
His current setup is going to be featured in Nightclub and Bar Magazine in December as one of the loudest in the world, hes said the loudest is in  Ibiza spain where this guy has more money than most of the world and is always getting compaines to custom build him equipment
later all I need to go get my ears replaced

--Skold

2004 Honda Civic Ex 4Dr
Kenwood DDX-7015/W Nav
4 Fosgate T152C
Hifonics Brutus BX1500D
RE XXX 12 in a 4 Cube Snail Shell
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2005 at 1:44 PM / IP Logged  
Nothing beats waking up to a horrible hang over and to top it off, not being able to hear.Loudest Nightclub I've Been In - Last Post -- posted image.
speedwayaudio1 
Silver - Posts: 879
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2005 at 11:20 PM / IP Logged  

All we ever worried about at the Frontier honky tonk was getting hit in the head with a beer bottle.Loudest Nightclub I've Been In - Last Post -- posted image.

Big Dave
swamprat323 
Gold - Posts: 1,335
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2005 at 8:14 PM / IP Logged  
were at in sunny south florida, im up here in stuart. Loudest Nightclub I've Been In - Last Post -- posted image.
skoldspuppy 
Silver - Posts: 342
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2005 at 9:14 PM / IP Logged  
swamprat323 wrote:
were at in sunny south florida, im up here in stuart. Loudest Nightclub I've Been In - Last Post -- posted image.
Im Lauderdale , the club is Eden in Davie
Hell we should have like a south florida sound off, with all the south florida members
2004 Honda Civic Ex 4Dr
Kenwood DDX-7015/W Nav
4 Fosgate T152C
Hifonics Brutus BX1500D
RE XXX 12 in a 4 Cube Snail Shell

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic