icon

2002 Pontiac Montana Car Alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Rolland_Elliott 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2005 at 8:18 PM / IP Logged  

If anyone can help out this newbie install his Astra 100 Series Car Alarm I would really appreciate it!

I have hooked up the car alarm to my car, but its ONLY functionality currently is that the shock sensor works.

I would also like the alarm to sound with the doors open and close.

Also having the horn honk would be nice instead of just relying on the car siren.

The wiring schematic from this web site shows the following:

door1 tan BCM

door2 dark blue BCM
door3 orange BCM

I researched and figgured out BCM means body control module, but I have no idea where this is at in my car?

The bottom side of the drivers side has a harness with around 20 or 30 wires. Same thing on the passenger side, but obviously different wires.

The car alarm has ONE green wire that is the negative door trigger input. How would I go about connecting this one wire to the three wires listed above?  Sorry for the totally newbie questions!

Thanks for your help.

Sincerely, Rolland

Sincerely, Rolland Elliott
swamprat323 
Gold - Posts: 1,335
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2005 at 8:26 PM / IP Logged  
     DOOR TRIGGER|gray/black *1       |- |BCM, to right of glove box |
*1 To avoid the domelight delay use tan for the drivers door, blue for the passenger door and the liftgate, and orange for the sliding doors. All wires are negative trigger, located at the BCM and all need to be diode isolated from eachother.                               
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 07, 2005 at 11:47 PM / IP Logged  
Drop down the gray carpet panel that's underneath the passenger side dash---under the glove box---the BCM is under there, with the wires and plugs pointing downwards.
Is there a courtesy light under the driver's dash? You can use the gray/black there as door trigger, but as swamprat shows, it will be affected by the domelight delay........
most alarms have some kind of feature to remind you that you forgot the door open.......the delayed domelight will cause the alarm to give you the open-door warning.........see if your alarm offers programming to turn this feature off.
If you want to use all of the individual doorpins, and your alarm only has one door-trigger input, read the Diodes section on this website; it shows you how to do it.
Rolland_Elliott 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2005 at 10:07 AM / IP Logged  

OK, I have a totally different question, but relating to the same car.

My 12Volt cigarette outputs no longer have ANY electricity going to them.

This happended about a month ago and I THINK it occured after I had left in a 400 watt power inverter.

I have opended the hood and checked all the fuses and they are still good. I have taken out the plastic console that houses the cigarette outputs and the wires look fine.

Any suggestions on how to fix this problem or work around it?  Again this is a totally seperate matter and happended before I tried to install the car alarm.

Thanks, Rolland Elliott

Sincerely, Rolland Elliott

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic