icon

05 f150, ca-670

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
crudeau 
Copper - Posts: 150
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2005 at 9:28 AM / IP Logged  

I'm putting in a Code Alarm CA-670 into my 05 F150 supercab FX4.  It does have keyless entry.  The company that sold me the alarm told me that I just need to hook the lock and unlock wires, to the two lock and unlock wires behind the drivers kick.  But I can't find them.  And from doing systems in my mustangs and a focus, I had to install some diodes.   Just looking to see if I do infact have to just hook these wires up, or if I have to diode isolate anything.

Also they had me hook up a wire to the domelight supervision wire.  Doesn't this need to be diod isolated as well??

NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2005 at 4:42 PM / IP Logged  
You can find the lock/unlock/domelight in the drivers door sill harness. No diodes needed. You can also find the brake wire in this harness it's a lime green wire.
05 f150, ca-670 -- posted image.
crudeau 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2005 at 9:29 AM / IP Logged  

so you are saying that I do not need to put the diodes on the door triggers wires.  I'll look for the lock wires in the door sill at lunch.  Have you installed an alarm in an F150?    I get 50/50 responses on needing to diode isolate the BCM, but no one has actually installed an alarm in an 05 to be able to confirm.

Thanks for the help thus far.  That's a great pic!

crudeau 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2005 at 1:24 PM / IP Logged  

Almost done installing my CA-670.  I was starting to diode isolate my door trigger wires.  But my diagram says that there are four.  I can only find the front to doors.  I have a Supercab (have to open the front in order to open the rear), does this mean that I don't have rear door triggers?  It's odd that I can't find only the two rear doors.

None of the diagrams show anything about the keypad.  But my alarm is compatible with it.  Anyone know what wire colors and locations I'm looking for?  I need to hook up the manual arm and disarm wire from the alarm.  And there is also a door lock wire on the alarm, so that the door lock switches don't disarm/arm the alarm.

crudeau 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2005 at 2:03 PM / IP Logged  

thanks mister moderator....

Now ya know was wrong, the alarm falses every 30 minutes.  SO it does need to be isolated.  I have my two front door's isolated.  I'll just try that and see if it falses.  pretty sure there are no rear triggers.

NowYaKnow 
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2005 at 7:29 PM / IP Logged  
I was not wrong. Using the BLACK/ blue (+) should not false I've done a bunch..
NowYaKnow 
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2005 at 7:35 PM / IP Logged  
Manual Arm pink/black   5wi DKP or BCM, blue plug, pin 2    
Manual Disarm RED / orange   5wi DKP or drivers boot or BCM, blue plug, pin 5    
Switch Sense Wire pink/orange   5wi PKP or BCM, blue plug, pin 3
crudeau 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2005 at 8:55 AM / IP Logged  

NowYaKnow wrote:
Manual Arm pink/black   5wi DKP or BCM, blue plug, pin 2    
Manual Disarm RED / orange   5wi DKP or drivers boot or BCM, blue plug, pin 5    
Switch Sense Wire pink/orange   5wi PKP or BCM, blue plug, pin 3

what is 5wi?   5 wire?    I don't need to do anything with these right?   Just hook up the three ca-670 wires to those three and I'm good to go, no diodes or anything?

the BLACK/ blue would false every 30 minutes.  So I cut the wire, used the negative trigger wire from the alarm, dioded isolated it and used the two front door trigger wires.  No I don't get any falses.  Also when I used that wire, my LCD transmitter would show the door as being opened.  Either way she's working now.

crudeau 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2005 at 10:01 AM / IP Logged  

just went out to the truck, I found the pink/black and RED / orange wire in the driver side sill.  But they don't show anything at all when I use the factory keypad.  Negative or positive.

Edit-  I did find the pink/orane wire.  Rests at ground and turns positive when all doors are unlocked.  Found the other two as well.  Figures there would two of the same wires on there, and the ones I needed were all the way on the bottom of the wire loom.  But all is working now.

neverenuf81 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2005 at 11:39 AM / IP Logged  
What color and where is a wire that I can use as a reverse signal wire on a 2005 F150.
I have the reverse sensing system and tow package, but when i touch the reverse wire to each of the teeth on the reverse sensing system button on the dash it does nothing.
Thanks much
NeverEnuf81@mail.com
AVHP7500DVD, AVIC80DVD, GEXP5700TV, MB Quart QSD 3way front, QSD 213 rear, JL 450/4, 2 12W6v2, JL1000/1
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic