remote start on Scion tc 2006

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
adambeazley 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2005 at 3:05 PM / IP Logged  
Hello,
Im having a bit of trouble on my Scion tc 2006. I installed a Hornet 564T with remote start. Now everything seems to be working just fine except the remote start. When I press the remote start button on the remote the lights blink 4 times as expected and then it tries to start. Now when I say it tries to start I mean all of the guages go up and down but the starter never cranks.
With that being said I do have a question about the keysense wire. The DirectWire diagram says its a white wire in teh ignition harness, but it looks like there are three white wires so Im not really sure which is the right one. Anyway could someone please give me a hand I would really appreciate it.
PS: I thought I would mention that It is a manuall trans, however I did make a custom circuit so that it wont start unless it is in neutral. But that makes me think that the clutch has to be pressed in order to start the car manually do I need to make provisions to trick the car to start?
thanks
Adam
adambeazley 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2005 at 3:41 PM / IP Logged  

Sorry, I meant to say that the keysense is a black wire and there are 3 black wires in the ignition harness. I just wanted to know what the keysense looks like so I can discern with is the correct black wire.

thanks

profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2005 at 3:50 PM / IP Logged  
use a relay to bypass the clutch. the switch is right above the clutch and b4 the pad. if theres another switch behind the clutch pad, thats for cruise.
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
adambeazley 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2005 at 4:17 PM / IP Logged  
How do I use a relay to bypass the clutch? Do I basically get a relay and set it up so that when a status output wire from the Hornet brain gives a pulse during the remote start sequience, the relay triggers and connects the 2 wires going into the clutch switch? That is assuming that there are two wires going into the clutch switch and that by connecting them the car thinks the clutch is pressed.
Is this necessary for this particular remote start system? Or is this just a standard application to any manual transmision car? Also I dont know what type of relay to buy at Radio Shack. Im not sure about all of the ratings and amperage and volts and what is supposed to be used in car applications.
thanks
Adam
PS: a small tutorial would be soo much appreciated.
vyslouzil 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2005 at 10:04 AM / IP Logged  
Most vehicles use ground-type clutch depression switches. If your remote start unit has a remote start activated ground, then hook that up to your clutch switch (or just ground out the switch all together *safety issue*).
Regarding the key sense, if you are wondering if this affecting your remote start procedure, then just put the key in the ignition during remote start. If this allows the car to start, then you either dont have a immob bypass installed or the key requires a key sense wire to be grounded to start (to locate/verify..ground test the provided key sense wire when you insert a key)

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic