2003 Silverado crew cab, door is a jar

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Boattow 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2005 at 5:10 PM / IP Logged  

Hi all,

This weekend I installed a Scytek 5100rs alarm on a 2003 Silverado crew cab.  It all seems to be working fine (thanks for the help on this board) except that after I disarm and get inside and start the truck, the doors lock, and then after I get going (I think 15mph triggers it) the doors try to lock, the domelight flashes on, chimes, and it says my door is a jar.  I can't figure out the pattern or if it is random but twice more on the way to work this morning after slowing down or coming to a stop, when I accelerated, it did it again.  Has anyone encountered this before?  It's like the alarm has already locked the doors but the truck doesn't realize it and tries to lock it again after I get moving.  Still don't understand why it would tell me the door is a jar.  Other than this, it seems to work ok.  The range is awesome.

Thanks for any help,

Charles

mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 10, 2005 at 8:16 AM / IP Logged  
Are U using a DATABuss Interface?
Did you DIODE Isolate your wires?
MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
Boattow 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2005 at 10:13 AM / IP Logged  

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I am using an interface.  It is a DEI 457G for door lock and transponder bypass.  I did not diode isolate anything, that must be the problem.  Do you have an idea of what I should have isolated?

Thanks for the help.

Charles

mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 10, 2005 at 5:48 PM / IP Logged  
CHEVROLET, SILVERADO, 2003, Door Trigger
On base model trucks the door trigger wires are in the lt. blue plug at the BCM, pins B4 and A5. On 4dr trucks the LR door trigger is lt. blue/black, pin A3, and the RR is lt. GREEN/ black, pin A2. They are in the purple plug at the BCM. Use all wires and diode isolate.
MO
Boattow 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2005 at 9:40 PM / IP Logged  

I will try that however, someone had told me here that I didn't need to do that since I was using a 457G interface.  Will I have to disconnect something after connecting up the 4 door triggers?

Thanks,

Charles

mo12v 
Posted: August 11, 2005 at 8:25 AM / IP Logged  
My Bad.................
U are correct, as long as you connected the Negative Door Trigger wire JUST to the 457G and NOT to the Door Pins.
If all else looks good, including GROUND, try reprogramming 457 or replace
MO
davedyer79 
Copper - Posts: 178
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2005 at 8:36 AM / IP Logged  
I have a 2004 Chevy and had the same problem.  I tried reprogramming the module and it still did the same thing.  Do you have the steering wheel controls.  If so, go to your door lock setting on the steering wheel controls.  You have the doors to lock at 15 mph.  Change that to "out of park".  That way when the car is in any position outside of park the doors will lock.  That solved the problem with my unit.  Now, I remote start it, get in, put the key in the ignition, hit the brake, and it say the door is open and then thats it.  Quick fix to the problem.  Hope this helps.
davedyer79
Boattow 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2005 at 2:17 PM / IP Logged  

Hi all,

Sounds like since you had the same problem, then it would not be a problem with the 457G.  Unfortunately I don't have the steering wheel controls to be able to reprogram the automatic door locks from 15mph to out of park.  Not sure how this could be remedied in my case.  I believe that DEI won't let me call them for support since I'm not an installer.  I would be surprised if they haven't seen this before and have a fix for it since it seems that this commonly occurs. 

This install was a Scytek Galaxy 5100rs.  It seems to be performing well other than the problem I described above and I don't believe that it is alarm related.  The remotes are getting very good range.  I see on www.scytek.com that it would appear that they are about to come out with their unit that will take 10 pictures inside your vehicle and broadcast them to the remote so you can see what is going on.  I think that is a good concept that other manufacturers will probably duplicate.  I'm just not willing to spend $750 for that feature right now ;-)

Thanks for the help everyone.

Charles

Boattow 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2005 at 2:19 PM / IP Logged  

Whoops!  sorry, that should have been www.scytek.net instead.

Charles

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic