Power Converter & Battery

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cmarucco72 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2002 at 12:57 PM / IP Logged  

I have two questions:

1.  Does anyone have any idea if there are power converters out there that have built in filters for like a PS2...some of the cheap power converters send bad signals to the PS2 causing a bad picture and sound, are there more expensive power converters that anyone knows about that provide a filtered (digital?) power source to the unit?

and 2.  If I were to mount one of the Yellow Top Interstate batteries (cold crank deep cycle) in my trunk how long would it power a screen and a PS2 before I needed to charge it back up.  I am talking about the battery alone with no alternator attached to keep it charged.  If anyone has any idea how long it would last please tell me!!

Aznpanther98 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2002 at 2:09 AM / IP Logged  
i dunno about that type of battery but might be just a couple hours at most which isn't good b/c if u constantly drain the battery and recharge it, it's not gonna last as one thats run on an alternator, mostof the car's electronics is gettin power from the alternator when cars runnin
Unstopable1 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2002 at 5:38 PM / IP Logged  
these yellow tops he is speaking of are deep cycle or (dry cell)... meaning it doesn't matter how many times they get drained... they're made for these applications.  also a plus - they hold continous voltage until they are absolutely dead and can be mounted in any position (upside-down, sideways, even shaken and twisted around)
Powerslave0 
Copper - Posts: 116
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2002 at 7:06 AM / IP Logged  

Expensive, but a Gell Cell battery would be your best bet for a constant draw while car is not running.  The console doesn't draw as much current as the inverter itself would, unless you have all kinds of things hooked up to it. 

Deep cycle is a marine battery, but a GELL works better.  Gell Cells are designed for powered wheel-chairs and other devices as such with a demand for power.  A Gell is supposed to run one for 10 hours.

Wallmart had the newer inverters with the noisless output, and they were very reasonably priced.  A 140watt inverter should be just fine, I used one for my Game Cube, no problems.  U used to leave it on all the time to power a strobe light in auto I used to have, never drained the battery.  Big Lots sells the 300watt inverter for 29.99, I use that all the time.

I use a 140watt inverter on my boat with the Gell battery, and have all days worth of use out of it.  Especially when my charging circuit in the outboard does not work, so I had to have something that will start the motor a few times a day. I also use a smaller Gell battery for the 34lb electric motor, and never drained the Gell Cell.  Gell Cells are smaller than the Deep Cycle with the same results.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic