icon

1999 mustang stereo replacement

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Envoyman 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2005 at 11:36 PM / IP Logged  

Its me again...First off thanks to everyone who helped me a while back when I was upgrading the stereo in my envoy....

Now my wife has the envoy and I have bought a 1999 Mustang GT Convertible (VERY HAPPY). But the problem is the same with this car. It has the MACH stereo system in it and it sounds like crap (Well crap compared to my envoy) So I want to replace it (My wife kept the stereo in the envoy). I have heard that the MACH system is a pain to replace and I was wondering what I would need and what I would need to do to replace this system.

I need to know what I have to do to take the MACH system COMPLETELY out of the equation.

I am thinking of purchasing the following euipment: An Alpine CDA-9853 (CD-MP3 Player) for the Front speakers Alpine SPR-57LS (Type-R 5x7 Component) and for the Rear Alpine SPR-57LP (Type-R 5x7 Co-Axials). Someone at work told me that to run those speakers to their best I would have to amp them so I was looking at an Alpine MRV-F450 (5 Channel Amp) I am looking at the 5-Channel because later I would like to add a sub woofer but I gotta get some more cash...

NOW...Will the listed equipment work in my car and what other stuff will I have to buy?

I know this was long but thank you for reading and hopefully responding.

geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 13, 2005 at 6:02 PM / IP Logged  
You can use that equipment no problem.  As for bypassing the Mach system, it's easiest just to run new wires to all the speakers from your new radio.  If you do decide to run an amp, you can run the outputs back behind the radio to connect on to all the speakers.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
chrisAWD 
Copper - Posts: 61
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2005 at 10:00 PM / IP Logged  
um, no.
if you run the output wires from the 4 ch back to behind the radio you'll still be going throught the factory amp. just go right to the speakers with the new wire. if you DO decide to integrate the factory MACH amp, you'll need to engage the amp turn on wire for the factory amp. problem is that it takes a 6v turn on...not 12v.    I use old xm cig plugs which have a built in transformer to kick it down to 6.    YOu can prolly use a resisitor to accomplish the same thing, but i'm not sure which size.
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 14, 2005 at 8:08 PM / IP Logged  

chris,

You didn't completely read my post.  I did advise to run new wires from the deck.  Then I informed him if he wanted to add an amp, he could simply run the outputs back behind the deck.

You are correct about the 5v turn on, but with his gear, I think it's best if he just bypassed the amps for better sound.

My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
chrisAWD 
Copper - Posts: 61
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2005 at 4:59 AM / IP Logged  
gotcha, misread, my bad

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic