the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

SQ system that won't take up a lot of room?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
micahsmith 00 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2005 at 12:07 PM / IP Logged  

what type of amp spec. should i look for if i'm gonna power the 2 6.5" alpine type s speakers, along with the alpine type s 6x9? both speakers are 4ohms, and 50wrms. so i'll be need 100wrms amp for all 4 speakers, right? i wanted to stick with alpine amp for those, but if there's something cheaper and as good as that, can you show me?

also, do i need the amp with the specs of...

2 x 100 watts at 4ohm  ??

if i'm wrong, can someone point me in the right direction?

thnx

boulderguy 
Silver - Posts: 510
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2005 at 12:16 PM / IP Logged  
If you want to power all four speakers, go with a 50w x4 amp.  If just the fronts (and the rears off the headunit) then a 2x50.  They don't need to be exactly 50wpc.  The Alpine amp is fine.
Blowntweeters 
Silver - Posts: 650
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2005 at 12:42 PM / IP Logged  
if your going to buy that amp i would run the fronts and the 6x9's with it at 4 ohms you will get better SQ at 4 ohms
1974 ford pinto 4 15" punch Z power punch bd 1001 pioneer DEH-6700
Blowntweeters 
Silver - Posts: 650
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2005 at 12:46 PM / IP Logged  

if cost is an issue alpine produce are cheep at www.ikesound.com

1974 ford pinto 4 15" punch Z power punch bd 1001 pioneer DEH-6700
micahsmith 00 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2005 at 2:04 PM / IP Logged  

i just got around to getting back online. i did what you guys told me, i went to Circuit City a few weeks ago to look at cd players and door/rear speakers. honestly all of them sounded the same. (must be my ears then) they mostly had sony's and pioneer's but i'm still going to go with the alpine type s. she let me listen to the 10" L5 which didn't impress me. they also had 2 12" Infinity's and a bunch of Audiobahns, and the new kicker comps. so after listening to the speakers I left because she was being a b*tch and wouldn't let me hear most of the equipment. (which is what i thought they were there for but owell)

then my friend told me about another unknown car shop that near here. we stopped and they had ALOT of Kicker Comps, JL Auido, Memphis, and the SOLO X 18, and the 12" alpine type r's which he didn't have them hooked up in the display room, only the alpine type S 10" which I thought sounded like crap. (but i know it'll be different in a car than the sound room, plus he said the walls on the display room made them sound more like crap) and then he kept asking me why I liked Alpine, and why would I want Alpine when I can get the new Kicker CompVR's. I tried to tell him my taste and that I was pointed to the alpine's because they would fit my taste. but he wouldn't play the type r's, he kept telling me he could install those new kicker compVR's and i'd be more happier (by this time my friend had already left so i couldn't use his help) and he kept telling me the alpine are more expensive and i'd be satisfied with kicker, etc. etc. so i just told him I'd come back later. He was really obsessed with those Kicker's, which my friend told me they're good, but they're too "loud". Kicker is made for "trying to bust your ear drums instead of sounding good" is what he told me. Haha. so basically it was pretty pointless.

i'm still gonna go with the equipment posted earlier in this thread. I know i'd be happy with all alpine set up cept for the pioneer cd player. i just thought i'd share my experience.

fingaz22 
Silver - Posts: 410
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2005 at 2:34 PM / IP Logged  
hey i use a clarion apa400 for the same s type and they sound awsome. the amp only costed me 75.00 brand new online. and it is very twickable. just an idea from one of my installs hope i helped in some way peace
JUST ONE MORE AMP!!!
hu,alpine cva 1005/dva 5205
sound processor,symmetry(first one).
sub amp,power 1000 the terminator.(1992).
subs,spl comp dual 1 ohms.
punch 150hd on a 10" ev.
alotofhighs
boulderguy 
Silver - Posts: 510
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2005 at 5:22 PM / IP Logged  

micahsmith 00 wrote:
Kicker is made for "trying to bust your ear drums instead of sounding good" is what he told me.

That is funny - I can see the designer's at Kicker huddled up & saying, "Let's design all our stuff to hurt people."

I don't know why you're married to Alpine stuff either, but I'm sure you've got your reasons.  Good luck, let us know how it comes out.

micahsmith 00 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2005 at 6:49 PM / IP Logged  
well, i did hear the kickers and they were too loud for my liking. my friend is basically teaching me this stuff so he told me Kicker is made for "loud systems" where as I want my to sound "good". He does alot of installs and he told me his favorites are alpine and jl audio. now i'd go with jl but it's too expensive for me. He told me "Alpine isn't as loud as Kicker, but they sound better". it's all opinions. some like certain brands, some don't. since he knows his stuff, i'm letting him pick it all out for me.
Page of 4

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic