Wiring turbo timer functionality

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
xjr41 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2005 at 9:14 AM / IP Logged  

Hi,

I'm a newbie to this forum, just found this website and the info provided is superb.

I have a problem that I cannot find the answer to through Searches.

I have a 1991 Nissan 200SX turbo (240SX in the US), and I'm wiring up a Concept 300 alarm, complete with Intellistart, boot opening from the keyfob and headlight illumination from the keyfob. I also want to utilise a turbo timer function.

2 questions.

1.How do I wire up the relay driven turbo timer function from the alarm to keep the engine running for 60 secs whilst allowing the alarm to arm, bearing in mind that I'm utilising outputs for the functions mentioned above.

2. If its not possible to utilise the relays for a turbo timer function , I have an Apexi turbo timer with ignition harness, but am unsure how or where to wire it up to allow the alarm and the timer to work together. ie alarm to arm and timer to run engine for 60 secs.

Hopefully some of you guys can offer me some advice and diagrams to allow me to run the system above.

Thanks,

Steve.

xjr41 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2005 at 6:29 AM / IP Logged  
Someone must be able to help me!!!
iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2005 at 8:07 AM / IP Logged  
xtreme069 
Copper - Posts: 67
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2005 at 8:48 AM / IP Logged  
ok not sure how the concept alarm works so i will give you an answer for question 2. You need to fool the alarm into thinking the car is not running when the turbo timer kicks in, first you need to find out how the ignition sense input works, most alarms that have an external immobiliser don't need to supply 12v to the ignition sense through the cranking so all you need to do is wire up your turbo timer making sure that it does not connect to the acc wire on the ignition harness and connect the ignition sense wire on the alarm to the acc wire on the ignition harness this means when the turbo timer is running there will be no 12v input into the ignition sense wire so the alarm thinks the car is not running hope you are still following!! the next problem is if the alarm has internal immobilisers this means the ignition sense input needs 12v all the way through cranking so know you need to not only connect the ignition sense wire to the acc wire but also to the starter wire as well, know to stop the car cranking when the car is turned to acc you need to diode split the ignition sense wire, know the only problems that could occur are if your alarm has current sensing this means when the car stops running the alarm will go off so that needs to be turned off if it is possible and the other problem is where the immobilsers are situated cause if your gas pump wire is interupted when you arm the alarm then of course the car will stop running! good luck let me know how you go
I Love This Industry!!
ringojam 
Copper - Posts: 215
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2005 at 4:41 PM / IP Logged  

The timer curcuit for the concept 300 can go to 4 min .Here is how you wire it up parts a 5 pin relay a 10 amp diode i use 2 6amp can seem to find a 10 am diode. Hook up theWHITE/ brown ignition input  and GREEN/ blue output as per usual put a diode after the  GREEN/ blue and put it to87a then cut ignition wire  put it to 30 . then 87/85 12volt constant high current. then 86 to whichever output  timed from the alarm such as ch a.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic