< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Shrinktube4.0 
Member - Posts: 49
Member spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2005 at 2:41 AM / IP Logged  
No, i just remembered, the LED stayed on when i unkeyed
iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2005 at 2:41 AM / IP Logged  
Do you have the original spare working remote? Try resetting the alarm back to the original default settings and you should get the chirps back. Then retry learning the new remote. If it still doesn't program after all that then maybe they sent you a defective remote. Look on page 17 of the manual http://www.asianwolf.com/manuals/ASTRA777.pdf
Steve G
Shrinktube4.0 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2005 at 2:43 AM / IP Logged  
Yes, the original spare works fine,thanks for the help and i'll try it tomorrow and hope it works
Shrinktube4.0 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2005 at 4:50 PM / IP Logged  
I got it into (Default Reset Mode) and it worked with chirp confirmation, I have the regular chirps back, but still can’t get the LCD to reprogram itself. The alarm won’t confirm the four chirps. I don’t see any reason why it shouldn’t confirm the 4 chirps, Sense the alarm isn’t confirming the 4 chirps, I’m wonder if the LCD isn’t working then the alarm can’t send a signal to it to program it self? I don’t think I’m doing anything worng, I’m going by the way it’s outlined in the manual.
I am getting chirps when it’s in the program mode, everything else but the programming the LCD is the only time it won’t confirm the chirps.I don't get it, it should just program like is says, it's not happening that way.
Maybe some one out here can help me here if you have the same alarm as mine can confirm to me your alarm will chirp after you key on 4 times and tell if it does chirp or not?
1. Turn on the ignition key on, off, on, off, on, off, and back on. (Key On 4 times)
·The siren will chirp 4 times…Do you get any chirps after you do this?
Shrinktube4.0 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2005 at 6:56 PM / IP Logged  
I just got off with a Syctek technician and we went over step by step to figure out what was wrong, he seemed to be reading out of a book telling me try this and try that. I was in my truck doing this, he couldn’t figure out what was going on, and then he says the yellow ignition wire was probably getting constant 12 volts so that s why it just cycled on and on instead of cycling with IGN 12v on and no power when IGN off. I told him no it’s not hooked to constant 12volts.It hooked up to constant12volts when key is on and no power when off. He wanted to check it for the power source, so 15 minutes later after taking the column apart to get to the wiring I used my DMM, prove this guy was wrong,He kinda scratching his head to figure what’s going on? Then he proceeds to tell me cut the IGN wire from the column and put it to another source of something like that, from there I couldn’t understand what he was trying to tell me, the technicians Mexican accent I couldn’t quite make out what he meant, then he hangs up on me, he said he didn’t hang up on me, he said it was a bad connection, I don’t know why it just happened. I called back as soon a he told me where to put the wire, still I ask what do you mean by that. Click…Hung up on me again, called back again and asked not to be hung up again like that again, same thing again. Know they won’t even answer my call, so I used another phone with a different number they answered right away, some one else answered and he hung up on me. I need help with this alarm and they treat me like this.
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic