Antenna Problem.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
richiepoor 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2005 at 8:08 PM / IP Logged  
Here is my problem.
Before I did installed an amp, my cd/radio was working fine. After installing the amp, the cd is working and no problem but no antenna signal.
I have fully checked thru the car for cut wires but they are all covered with hard plastic covering which would make it virually impossible to break until you have the right tool.
So.. what do I do? I checked the rear window for any scratches or marks or anything. Nothing. Disconnected speakers from AMP and tested without AMP attached. Nothing even so the AMP is being turned on without any connection but I do not think that would be the cause regardless.
So.. provide me with help since I have checked the wires to the headunit.. no loose connection, no cut wires.. all the way to the back but this antenna was working before I installed the AMP.
Car: Chrysler Cirrus LX
Year: 1997
AMP: Kenwood 2 Channel Mono
Speakers: Alpine
Looking toward reply.. since I have checked everything that I could of think of. I am thinking there is another wiring that I have to do since the AMP is hook up.
chrisAWD 
Copper - Posts: 61
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2005 at 10:58 PM / IP Logged  
did you replace the radio as well? does the car only have the window antenna or does it have a power or fixed mast antenna?
also, your amp stays on when the car is off? or did i misread that.
godblessdremil 
Silver - Posts: 273
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2005 at 11:22 PM / IP Logged  
I know this may sound stupid but someone came to my shop same problem (checked everything) aperently he didn't know what the antenna wire looked like and never plugged it in (if ya don't know it looks kinda like a TV cable with a metal barb at the end). Now that i covered stupidity. What do ya mean the amp stays on without conection is there wire still hooked up to it at all? Just as chris asked. What kind of radio is it?
richiepoor 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2005 at 8:42 AM / IP Logged  
Well.. I fixed the problem. I did remembered putting two screws to each side of the head-unit since there are no holes to secure it to the head-unit's mounting kit so it would not be popping out.
Anyway, I opened up the head-unit and found one of the bigger capacitors leaning or a little twisted inside. So, I straighten it out with a little push as it appeared to me that the two small screws that I used were to long to hold the head-unit to the mounting kit. The capactitor got push or twist by one screw.
Re-assembled the head-unit's cover, plugged the antenna cord and whoa! Radio stations were playing and CD player was working.
My previous problem was that I had the CD player working but no radio stations were functioning.
Now.. everything is working.
The AMP switched on when the head-unit is switched on thru the blue wire so no worry about it staying on or my car's battery would of been dead by now or a long time ago.
Believe this part or not but I wires the two standard Apline 6x9 speakers to the left channel and set it to mono with the filter setting switched to off and it does sound better and more powerful than the two speakers seperated thru this Kenwood's AMP.
Anyway, I should be getting a real subwoofer and a newer AMP from my friend since I using this AMP to understand and **** around with.. so my creative juices is flowing.
Richie
chrisAWD 
Copper - Posts: 61
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2005 at 9:35 PM / IP Logged  
u wired 2 6x9's to one channel?   start looking at new hu's soon dude, cuz your current one one be around for very long.
car 1 = alpine 9807, mtx 404+mtx 311d, polk speakers, kappa 10"
car 2 = pioneer 7700, kicker 400x1, kicker 60x4, 10"compvr x2, kappa speakers

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic