icon

Clifford G5 Cliffnet Wizard RPM Program

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bbowman 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2005 at 7:08 PM / IP Logged  

I'm having a small issue with my Avantguard 5 alarm.  Hoping another intellistart/cliffnet wizard users has dealt with this before and can offer me the solution. 

I have my cliffnet wizard programmed to crank starter for .8 seconds to start the car.  Problem is that it will crank the start for .8 seconds, which is perfectly timed to start the engine (warm or cold), but once the engine starts and the start disengages, running for about one second and then the system shuts the engine off.

In the cliffnet wizard software it states (just before shutting off the engine) that "engine below idle".  I have tried to program the RPMs via cliffnet wizard and get a "no code" error, however, I CAN successfully manually program RPMs.  I have the factory wiring diagram for my 2002 Toyota Sequoia and know for sure that I have the tach wire (the fact that I can successfully MANUALLY program RPMs, confirms this), but cliffnet wizard doesn't seem to recognize the signal coming from the RPM wire.  Not sure if that is related.

I don't understand why I can program RPMs (ends up being around 800 or so once engine is warm) and then remote start perfectly, but then engine shuts off (apparently because the RPMs are so low).

The Avantguard 5 has been installed for about six months and working ok.  I couldn't get cliffnet wizard working because of bad serial port on laptop, used desktop this time, but I had manually reved the RPMs to about 1,400 and then programmed RPMs to this level so that the engine would crank longer to start car (worked fine, but then blackjax would not kick in until the RPMs got VERY HIGH - making blackjax almost worthless).

My goal is to get the RPMs programmed at the true level, so that blackjax will kick in at 1.5 times RPMs as it's supposed to, but then to also have the car remote start properly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

jman7695 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2005 at 11:14 AM / IP Logged  

bbowman,

i too am experiencing the same prob. with my cliff wiz. I have the avant. 4. I receice the no code, low idle. also same with manuel proggram, it works. When remotly started it runs for 2 secs. and shuts down. I tested acc. and ign. 2 outputs out of the intellistart and guess what no power. Opened up the intellistart and looks like water damage. Thats as far as Ive gotton. Maybe take another crack at it today. Let you know what I find.  C ya

JDm
70% installation, 28% product, 2% luck, try to be the best everytime!
joe_1 
Silver - Posts: 286
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2005 at 11:16 AM / IP Logged  
this might be a stupid question but have you checked that the tach wire is a good connection soldered, i also had this same problem but after a while changing the settings via cliffnet it seemed to be ok what is the vehicle running time set on aswell.
jman7695 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2005 at 11:34 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah I've used two points for the tach. The first was at the inst. cluster which worked. Then I moved to the black wire @ check connector. Soldered good. 87 MR2, plugging into cliff wiz right now to take a look
JDm
bbowman 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2005 at 11:50 AM / IP Logged  

I'm 100% sure that I have the correct wire and that it's a good connection (soldered it myself).  Used the Toyota factory diagram to locate the tach wire too (at ECM behind glove box).

Also, at the beginning of the day yesterday, it was working fine (remote starting without a problem), however, in order to get the Intellistart to crank long enough to actually start the engine, I held the accelerator down to boost RPMs to approx. 1,200 while programming the RPM manually from the valet switch.  This worked perfect, but the problem then is that BlackJax uses THAT RPM programming to determine when to trigger BlackJax (in the event of a car jacking) and what was happening is we would get two or three miles away from our house before we'd be required to enter the PIN code to disarm BlackJax.

I thought, wow, if our car got stolen, it's take quite a few hours to find it at that rate.  I know that BlackJax arms at 1.5 times idle RPMs, so unless the car jacker totally FLOORED it, BlackJax might not even get triggered at all.

So, that brings me to where I'm at right now...  RPMs are properly programmed, but it appears that the brain feels that the RPMs are TOO LOW, and for safety's sake, shuts off the engine, even though it started perfectly and was running for approximately a second or two.

I'm going to hook the computer back up tomorrow (Mon.) and see if I can change the default idle setting.  I remember a section of the Cliffnet Wizard (on the "starter" page), a button at the bottom right of the screen that said "view" and allows you to change some pulse settings, etc.  I think that I may have to change idle settings on that screen in order for the intellistart module to know that the engine is NOT idling TOO LOW.

I'll certainly share what I find (especially since I know now that there are others having the same issue).

Bret

jman7695 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2005 at 11:58 AM / IP Logged  
Well I just varified that my intellistart is bad. Doesn't suprise me because the alarm sat in inventory for 3 yrs. The intellistart has no output, verified that on the "starter" icon under view input/outputs. Also with my multi-meter. Good luck, and why not turn of black jax. Its a pain in the ass feature. Just my experience. C ya
JDm
jman7695 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2005 at 12:06 PM / IP Logged  

does anyone know if the present directed intellistart is the same wire for wire plug in as the original g4?

JDm
bbowman 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2005 at 12:15 PM / IP Logged  

My Intellistart has been working fine, so I know that is not the problem.  It's got to be something else...  I wish that clifford would release a more comprehensive guide to their software.  I'm assuming some of the deep down menu options mean something to an installer that does that stuff every day for a living.

Is there anyone else that has run into this issue, but has found out there there was another issue?

Bret

bbowman 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2005 at 7:04 AM / IP Logged  

We're leaving town in a couple days and I was hoping that someone might have some suggestions that I could try before leaving so that I could get the remote start properly programmed in Cliffnet Wizard before we leave.

Please let me know if anyone can help!!!   ;)

bbowman 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2005 at 5:23 PM / IP Logged  

Ok, I've replaced my Intellistart module AND the alarm brain and I'm STILL having the exact same issue.

What is killing me is that I can successfully program the tach wire (RPMs) manually using the valet switch, but Cliffnet Wizard software doesn't not seem to recognize the tach connection, because I only get the "nocode". 

I also can't seem to setup the voltage (auto-start) feature that will remote start the vehicle if you battery starts to get low.  I figured this would be good if someone left a light on or something shorted out and was wearing the battery down, the car would auto-start to charge the battery back up.

Anyone experienced with Clifford Systems (specifically the Cliffnet Wizard) that can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bret

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic