icon

install 791xv in 04 ford focus

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Covette03 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2005 at 10:47 PM / IP Logged  
Alright I installed the alarm in today and everything works great except my remote start. I installed the wires directly to the ones showed above and on the diagram that you gave me but the remote start won't work. When I try to remote start the vehicle i get no response from the remote and no remote start. So I don't know what the problem is. Everything works fine and i taught the alarm the tach but the remote still won't respond and neither will the car.
endless talent 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2005 at 11:01 PM / IP Logged  
Either something is not connected (ribbon cable is the only possibility if everything else works) or a shutdown input is active.  Check that the hood pin input is not at GROUND, the BLACK/ White Remote Start Enable IS GROUNDED, and the brake input is NOT at 12V+.
Covette03 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2005 at 11:47 PM / IP Logged  
I'm not seeing this black and white remote start enable in the install guide. Is it the WHITE/ blue (-) remote start activation input on the primary harness?
Covette03 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2005 at 12:34 AM / IP Logged  
Ok well i got the remote start to run. NOW the problem is that the car just won't start. I know it don't need an imoblizer because the starter turns over. I went through and changed the settings for the crank timer and everything and i toggled through everything just fine. The car will still not start. Is it just not getting enough power to start? Do I need to change the check voltage to low instead of high? (didn't change that factory setting)
iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2005 at 7:33 AM / IP Logged  
COVETTE03 wrote:
I know it don't need an imoblizer because the starter turns over.
It needs a bypass. The starter will turn over fine, but the fuel will not enable without the bypass. Put the key in the ignition and don't turn it or anything. Try remote starting it and it should start and stay running.
Steve G
Covette03 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2005 at 5:54 PM / IP Logged  
Alright thanks thats what it is. Everything works awsome now. Thanks a lot for everyones help you guys all saved my about 200 bucks. Ill post on here when i get the bypass in case i need any help but it shouldn't be a problem.
Covette03 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2005 at 12:16 AM / IP Logged  
Do you know the part number that i need for the bypass? is it the 555p? the 555p seems like its a bypass if i had a factory alarm not a bypass for the key. I can't seem to find the bypass that i need.
Covette03 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2005 at 10:23 PM / IP Logged  
i need help installing the 555s. I made the connections right (red to 12v and blue to WHITE/ blue wire on the secondary remote start harness (-) activation output) and whenever i put a key in the ignition and turn to run to program the unit nothing lights up ( says to turn to run until security light goes out) so what excatly am I doing wrong?
iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2005 at 11:08 PM / IP Logged  
You have 2 seperate properly coded keys?
Remove them from anything else on the key rings.
Make sure you are removing the keys when you try the 3rd step.
Is the theft light flashing and then going out after you insert both the coded keys?
Steve G
Covette03 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2005 at 6:08 PM / IP Logged  

alright well the security light is above the hazard lights right above the cd player. (looked it up in the instruction manuel) the capsul had to be right on the plastic ring to program right. everything works great now. thanks for everyone that has helped me with this install. nothing else will be said on here (any questions wise) although when i get around to it I will type up and take pics of the install for anyone who needs it because everything works just like it should.

Thanks Alot,

Joe

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic