icon

viper 791xv and dei 530t

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fpcelica 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2005 at 3:43 AM / IP Logged  

on the 530t. the orange wire should b connected to a wire that is grounded when armed, what wire is this on the viper 791xv.

i was thinking the factory rearm but the manual says it will also send a - pulse when then remote start is shut down. does that mean it will close the windows when i remote start the car and push the brake?

dare_ds69 
Silver - Posts: 419
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2005 at 6:06 AM / IP Logged  

there is an orange wire in the main harnes use that wire

primary harness (H1) 12-pin connector

http://www.directechs.com/guides/manuals/ig/viper/N564V_07-05.pdf

viper 791xv and dei 530t -- posted image.

how own your mind, control your life.
MECP certified. always use a DMM
endless talent 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2005 at 12:07 AM / IP Logged  
Use the Orange Ground When Armed wire from the main harness, but be sure to go through the programming menu to 3-12 (I think) and de-activate Anti-Grind so that your windows will not roll up every time you engage remote start.  The Ground When Armed output also feeds the starter kill relay, which is how Anti-Grind works.viper 791xv and dei 530t -- posted image.
iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2005 at 12:28 AM / IP Logged  
I have mine set to engage everytime i remote start. Why wouldn't you want the windows up while remote starting? I usually remote start to cool in the summer or heat in the winter. I want my windows up during both of those occasions.
Steve G
endless talent 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2005 at 12:58 AM / IP Logged  
Well it's really a matter of preference.  A lot of the time I drive with the windows down, and if I make a quick stop, like a convenience store or the mailbox, and either need my keys or don't want to leave them in the car, but want to leave the windows down while it's running then with the Anti-Grind disabled it will do so.  But like I said, six one way, half a dozen the other.  My main intent was to make sure that fpcelica was aware of this side effect of leaving Anti-Grind enabled.
iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2005 at 1:07 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah I understand what your saying. I think keeping the Anti-grind would be a good idea though. I didn't bother with it when I installed mine way back when and I've probably accidentally regrinded my starter a half a dozen times in the 4 years I've owned it. Sounds dumb on my part but that feature would have prevented that if I took the time to wire it up. You just get sidetracked sometimes and cringe when you hear that damn noise. LOL
Steve G
fpcelica 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2005 at 12:25 AM / IP Logged  

is it possilbe to have both the anti grind and the windows go up when armed but not have them go up during remote start. maybe with a relay or maybe using a different trigger that is ground when armed ? on a 3wire(-) does the lock wire put out a 200Ma? wouldnt that work?

fpcelica 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2005 at 12:29 AM / IP Logged  
isnt it kinda dumb that, the ground when armed wire isnt even really used on the 791xv  for the antigrind
endless talent 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2005 at 1:16 AM / IP Logged  
Actually the Ground When Armed wire is used for Anti-Grind, through the ribbon cable that connects the 791XV to the XCRS relay satellite.  When the remote start process is engaged, the orange wire on the ribbon cable receives a ground, thus causing the internal Starter Kill relay to interrupt the PURPLE and GREEN starter wires.
fpcelica 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2005 at 1:19 AM / IP Logged  

does turning of antigrind turn off starterkill also?  if not then what i was thinking is take the H3/1(blue/white), the wire that turns oin the rear defogger, and tapping it into the Remote start primary harness wire #7 the antigrind/grnd when armed, then turning off the antigrind on the system. wouldnt that still turnon the antigrind relay?

if turning off the antigrind feature also turns off the start kill then totally disconnect the ORANGE / black wire in the RS harness and connect both the H3/1 wire and the orange H1/1 wire to the relay side of the orange black wire on the RS harness. wouldnt that also give you both the the features of antigrind/ and windows up only on arm and not remote start?

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic