Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
6061dyson 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2005 at 11:49 AM / IP Logged  
Hey all
(Peguot 306, 5 door)
For my new speakers i am blessed with 4 6.5" standard component speaker holes.
For upfront im planning on having Genesis Audiophiles,
but the rears? The Genesis's are pretty expensive, and i really can't afford 4. Suiting my music taste, im really focusing for POWERFUL mid range drivers in the back parcel shelf to smooth out the bass ranges from my sub.
Also my tweeter locations are located low in the front doors (eek) and flat on parcel shelf? This isn't the best location im sure. So whats better relating to upright head positions of all 4 passengers - headphones lol? (broad question, sorry) Fiberglassing new mounts is a length within my grasp.
by the way, what is the genesis/dsl or is it dls?           relation?
http://www.genesiscaraudio.net/main/
My Amp driving all 4 will be a Genesis 4 Channel.
jettagli03 
Copper - Posts: 311
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2005 at 12:22 PM / IP Logged  
the JBL 608GTi is a 6.5" compent system and handles 150w rms and 600w max also the Diamond Audio S600's can handle 150w rms and 300w max... those are the only two i have heard and would reccomend that can handle some pretty decent power
TruckSystem 
Copper - Posts: 185
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2005 at 2:00 PM / IP Logged  
I feed my S600s 200w each and they basically ask for more, would likely suit your application well, could also consider adding a 8" midrange somewhere other then the stock location as well.
2003 Chevrolet Silverado Standard Cab ~ Alpine CDA-9851
Diamond Audio D3600.1 ~ 2x Diamond Audio TM310D4
Diamond Audio D3400.4 ~ Diamond Audio Hex S600s
AstroStart RS5204 Remote Start/Alarm
6061dyson 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2005 at 2:04 PM / IP Logged  
Lol, the JBL's look very nice and stat pretty powerful,
But they are waaay to expensive (here)as with the Diamonds too.
Im talking really middle of the range stuff that you have been suprised at the performance. Like Alpines bottom of the line subs handle more power than they rate. U know? That kinda reputation.
ragoal12 
Copper - Posts: 135
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2005 at 7:32 PM / IP Logged  

well since u want alpine i would recommend the f1 status but that shhh is to expensive in america..lol. but i have 2 sets of alpine spr17ls and they rock.. try jl audio also.. both very good speakers.. if you wanted to go jbl try the power series 6.5's they r cheaper than the gti and sound just as good i think

S.O.B custsoms.. South Omaha, Nebraska
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2005 at 11:38 PM / IP Logged  

Dyson, are you stuck on rear comps? I certainly like rear fill, but I would never invest as large or larger sum in my real fill as I would my front stage.

Why don't you look into some solid coax's or some rainbow slc line comps. In other words you need not worry so much about the rear fill, in fact if it has hindered an upgrade on your front stage you may want to reconsider.

If I read your statement right, the tweeter is below the mid and you are complaining? Bah! This often times can be an excellent setup. Most problems that people experience with comps is the tweeter being to high and too far away from the mid. The frequencies that the tweeter emit actually travel faster than what the mid will produce, so by location you have the proper imaging setup and time correction.

By the way excellent choice on the speakers and especially the amp, I recently got to play with the 5.1 and was rathet impressed.

6061dyson 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2005 at 1:02 PM / IP Logged  
Its not as bad as it seems then Dwarren?
Ah ok. I just thought as its by your feet the sound might not be directed so well for a imaging by your feet. Admittedly i had read here that having your mids and tweets as close together is optimal, but so low is ok? ok!
Good quality Coax's though, yeah i see the advantages.
They really do need the bass powerful to smooth out the bass though as the standards are letting the whole system down : (
I've nothing but good things about rainbow. The KX 165, are bang in the middle my price range. I thought they would be more aimed for quality from there reputation but at there entry level, i guess.
JBL/Infinity, my Kappa P satisfies me. JBL are generous with power.
Ah and the Alpines, the top of my "minimal budget."
Thanks all!
Any more info on your best low budget 6.5" with noticably loud mid bass will be much appreciated!
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2005 at 1:15 PM / IP Logged  
Although they are low and that isn't great, I feel you will be compensated by having the tweeter below the mid and close.
Good luck, let us know how it turns out.
By the way, Focal makes a great 5.25" woofer, I used some in a Ferrari recently and they sounded great. Only problem w/ them is the $$

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic