icon

viper relay satellite

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hot00boy 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2005 at 5:09 PM / IP Logged  
hey i just bought a viper 790xv from a friend and he does not know what he's done with the relay satellite for the remote start feature.  does anyone know how to wire it with traditional relays in order to enable me to remote start my car?  i'm thinking i will be able to use about 6 relays to do this.  i was going to convert the polarity of first and then send the output to each of the wires that are needed to start the car.
1993 Buick Roadmaster
swamprat323 
Gold - Posts: 1,335
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2005 at 5:52 PM / IP Logged  
use the ribbon harness wires to active relays, they are negtive outputs.
dare_ds69 
Silver - Posts: 419
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2005 at 6:19 PM / IP Logged  

http://www.directechs.com/guides/manuals/ig/viper/N554V.pdf

an page 43 you will see a diagram of the brain you have to use the  5pin remote start raibon harness. to control the relays.

how own your mind, control your life.
MECP certified. always use a DMM
hot00boy 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2005 at 7:37 PM / IP Logged  

the question was could i use the usual relays to power the actual ignition starter and accessory wires instead of the relay satellite.  if so how would i do this?

1993 Buick Roadmaster
endless talent 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2005 at 11:08 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, you can use THREE regular relays for the remote start ONLY on the 1993 Roadmaster, not including Starter Kill, so long as you can get hold of at least the DEI 5-pin ribbon cable plug, since it is used to trigger the relays during the remote start process and send ignition input back into the brain for various reasons such as to reset the memory, control ignition door locks, programming, etc.  Up until DEI started using the XCRS relay packs, they were standard relays with all of the wiring already done on the relay plugs.  Someone please correct me if I am wrong with any of this, as I am stating this from memory.  I will explain using DEI colors, which you might as well since most of your factory ignition wiring will correspond.  The red wire from the ribbon cable will go to "86" on each of your three relays.  The orange wire from the ribbon cable will go to "85" on ONE relay for ACCESSORY, the pink wire to "85" on ONE relay for IGNITION and the purple wire to "85" on ONE relay for STARTER.  The DEI relay packs use TWO red 12 ga. wires for power input, but according to DirectWire, you do not have a second ignition wire and thus might be okay with only one.  Most GM's have a RED and a RED / WHITE wire available for constant power under the dash, so I would recommend it just to be sure that your starter wire will get enough current while IGNITION is powered.  So, based on that, connect a 12 ga. RED wire to "30" on the ACCESSORY and IGNITION relays, and a separate RED wire to "30" on the STARTER relay.  DEI links those to together from the factory, I suppose to evenly distribute voltage and also connects one of the "86" wires (which represents all of the "86"s) to one of the "30"s with a 3 amp fuse in between.  So basically, you will connect two wires to the two constant power wires in the car, and these will in turn supply the current which will come out of the relays when activated, and power the + pole of each relay.  This will then go back into the brain via the red ribbon cable wire.  The worst part is over.  Now, on your ACCESSORY relay, you will run a 12 ga. orange wire from "87" to the ACCESSORY wire in the car (also orange in your case), a 12 ga. pink from "87" on the IGNITION relay to the IGNITION wire in the car (again, pink will match to pink in the car).  The yellow ribbon cable wire will go to "87" on the IGNITION relay pack as well, and will send 12V+ back to the brain when the IGNITION is turned on.  Finally, a purple 12 ga. wire will go from "87" on the STARTER relay to the STARTER wire in the car.  All that is happening here is you are supplying voltage to three relays from two constant 12V sources under the dash (in the same harness), as well as energizing the + input of the relays.  When the remote start is engaged, the brain will send a ground input down the orange and pink ribbon cable wires, to click on the ACCESSORY and IGNITION relays, thus sending power to the corresponding factory ignition wires (the yellow ribbon cable wire will then in turn receive 12V+ from "87" on the IGNITION relay and send it to the brain), and then remove ground from the orange ribbon wire, while simultaneously grounding the purple ribbon cable wire.  Once the starter relay is clicked off, the orange will get ground again.  By the way, it's HIGHLY recommended that you install fusible links on both of the power wires (30 amp in each).  I hope that answers your question, because that was a lot of typing.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic