icon

DEI 508D disturbance sensor

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
need2learn 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2005 at 9:47 PM / IP Logged  
I have a Crimestopper CS-2002DC Series lV alarm installed on my 95 civic hatchback, with the alarm i had the shock sensor and remote power door locks added.  i wanted to further security by adding a disturbance sensor to my setup.  I had the alarm professionally installed but i would like to install this sensor with the help of anyone here.  Im somewhat familiar with wiring, but not so much as with alarms and stuff.  If anyone can tell me exactly what i need and give me a wiring diagram that would be helpful.  I looked around to see if crimestopper had this sensor as an option to add later, more of a plug and play type thing but obviously not.  I have a copy of the diagram for my alarm from the manual, and ill post a copy of it if needed. thanks, hope to get some feedback.
dare_ds69 
Silver - Posts: 419
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2005 at 6:40 AM / IP Logged  
the 508 has red has to go 12v fused 3amp, black goes chasis ground, and the blue wire you can conected to the instant trigger of the alarm using a diode.
how own your mind, control your life.
MECP certified. always use a DMM
suspendedHatch 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2005 at 9:56 PM / IP Logged  
If you connect a constant 12 volts and a chassis ground, the sensor will always be on, even though it can't trigger the alarm unless it's armed. Use a ground-when-armed from the alarm instead of chassis ground.
neilfrombestbuy 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2005 at 7:47 PM / IP Logged  
remember to use a diode inline if your ground when armed wire is being used by a relay for starter kill, or you will run into problems trying to start your car ;)

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic