icon

another sound deadening question

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
phatx96xaccord 
Copper - Posts: 118
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2005 at 11:06 PM / IP Logged  

i plan on putting some sound deadener in my car, especially the doors.  as i have been checking out different brands i have came accross sound deadener made of nuprene. http:///.com/ebaymotors/NUPRENE-SOUND-DEADENER-AND-INSULATION-2-SHEETS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ42612QQitemZ7992954508QQrdZ1

i was curious to know if anyone has used this stuff or know how well it would work, also i have been lookin at Edead. Any opinions on Edead?

would u like your chicken original or extra crispy?
noodles2076 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2005 at 10:47 AM / IP Logged  
well i dont know the sound dedining proporties but hat that guy describes is what the make wetsuits and stuff out of, and ifit was an accuall sound deadener why would he put it on his shoes. as for edead never heard of it
If it moves i can rice it.
customcarchris 
Copper - Posts: 95
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2005 at 11:25 AM / IP Logged  
I have looked at edead before and it seems like it is pretty good. I also looked at the edead v3 in liquid form. After much thinking, I decided that this stuff was like truck bed coating, so I bought a gallon of that.
I coated all of my doors with the truck bed coating four or five times and when they dried they were very solid and sound great.
I looked around forever wanting to know if this would work, but never found an answer. I think that most sound deadeners are the same, and I'm pretty sure this bed coating is exactly the same as the edead v3.
Some people will swear by a certain brand of sound deadener, but when you look at the specs, they all seem to be almost identical. If I ever get the sound deadener mat, then it will be edead for cost efficiency reasons.
crzycreations 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2005 at 8:36 PM / IP Logged  
has anybody tried fat mat?
-Don't buy it, Build it-
Clif 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2005 at 2:59 AM / IP Logged  
i have got stuff like fat mat, its called rattle trap, can get it off fat mats web site at fatmat.com, i got some samples before i bought it, fatmat is about half the size of dynamat and rattle trap (stuff i got) is about 2/3rs thicker then dynamat. stuff worked great, really havent put it to the greatest test but it did block out alot of the road noice and stop alot of rattling. rattle trap and dynamat you can both get for 120 shipped for 36 sq ft. and you can get fat mat for 120 for 100 sq ft? i think it is? i would go with either dynamat or rattle trap as they are both great!
hmmm.... was that the right wire?
318ti 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2005 at 12:50 PM / IP Logged  
hey i just thought i would throw this out there....... i had the chance to get some 3M undercoating, in an aerosol can.  and i sprayed that on the inside of my door panels, and that turned out to be a really really good sound deadener, and it is cheap.  Trust me, the best thing to look for in soud deadening for a car is denstity and usually thickness.  and this did both,   i applied about 4-5 coats on each door.   did the job and it only cost me 15 dollars.  5 bucks each for three cans.   def the way to go.
kosoku 
Copper - Posts: 76
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2005 at 10:25 AM / IP Logged  
eDead is cheap and effective.
footbaldd 
Copper - Posts: 84
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2005 at 9:30 AM / IP Logged  
i have my car stripped right now, and after some research i decided to use a combination of materials. first i took out all of the interior wiring harness, washed the metal, wiped it down with bulldog, and then i sprayed 2 1/2 gallons of bedliner. i put it real thick in the quarter panel cavities, floor, and in the door panels. now once i finish installing my alarm, i am puting vinyl/foam composite on the firewall, and around the Wheel wells. along with that i am putting 50sq feet of brown bread on the roof, door skins, hatch, and everywhere else i find needing it. then before i put my interior back in i am going to put open celled foam (like carpet padding) behind the panels.
phatx96xaccord 
Copper - Posts: 118
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2005 at 2:02 PM / IP Logged  

sounds like ur car will be nice and quiet, footbald.  let us know how it turns out after u reinstall ur interior

would u like your chicken original or extra crispy?
footbaldd 
Copper - Posts: 84
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2005 at 11:01 PM / IP Logged  
yea ill be sure to do that. progress is kind of dragging right now, first because had to replace my engine mounts this weekend (front and rear where gone, bolts on side had sheared off, and tranny mount was cracked), and i need some small stuff (diodes, silenoids, preout wiring, and stuff like that) before i can put my interior back in. the problem is every store i go to either is clueless, doesnt carry what i need, or is just way overpriced. i drove it the other day though, right after i had the dampening in, and even with no interior it was instantly noticable.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic