the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Alarm was stolen, how do I fix my wiring?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
endless talent 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2005 at 8:38 PM / IP Logged  
There are a couple of possibilities.  The yellow wire that goes to the fuse block is still most likely your starter solenoid input wire.  Test it with a meter and see what it reads with ignition on and off.  If it is at ground and stays at ground, then your next step will be to look thoroughly through all of the wires that go up to the ignition switch to see if there are any wires or remnants of a wire that match in color and thickness, as when they stole the system, it was either cut or yanked out and could have possibly been torn out of the switch.  If you can see the backside of the actual ignition switch, that will be even better.  There should be a thick RED, PINK, ORANGE, and a YELLOW or PURPLE if the wires are intact. If there is as YELLOW or PURPLE, meter it with the key off, then on, then in the cranking position.  It should jump to 12-14V+.  Your vehicle does not have any airbags or highly sensitive modules on board, and based on what I have seen thus far, you should be safe to TEMPORILY connect the YELLOW or PURPLE wire at the ignition switch to the YELLOW wire that goes into the fuse block (as with a jumper wire, or an un-crimped connector.  Turn the truck's ignition switch to START once these are connected, and see what happens.  The rest is easy if it works.  Just make a firm connection and re-wrap the wires.
Blazer84 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2005 at 10:51 PM / IP Logged  
I actually had it backwards.. the yellow wire went up to the key ingnition switch.
The purple wire went down to the fuse block..
Thanks again man!
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic