icon

x1.800.4 install

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Teslank 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2005 at 10:03 PM / IP Logged  

hi all i have a lightning audio storm x1.800.4 amplifier it is connected to a IXOS GT 1F cap with 4 gauge wiring. im on stock alternator and its now failing(it gives 13.5volts :(   ) have a alpine cda-9815 head unit.

in my 97 corolla i have front: phoenix gold 6.5" octane components 70rms and rear: pioneer 6x9" 60rms(i think) and for sub: lightning audio strike S4.12.4 300rms.

i bridged 2 channel for the sub(400rms x 1)REAR      and plugged the 2 left channels and 2 right channels in parallel in the left and right FRONT

so that means my amp is giving 400rms x 1for sub + 200rms x 2 for speakers.

i know about changing my alternator its coming in 2 weeks or so

so what improvements should i do to my system

any ideas?

thanks for your time guys

haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2005 at 12:25 AM / IP Logged  
Get the alternator in, and see what that fixes. I can tell you this pretty much for sure, cut AT LEAST 25 to 33 percent off those output numbers. The LA amps ain't all that...
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
Teslank 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2005 at 11:48 AM / IP Logged  

my next alternator is going to output 120 amps max because i cant fit a bigger alternator i must use the original casing is it going to be enough for my amp and my electrical system of my car, my A/C is always on and my lights too.

im on a 1F cap for the amp.

and what is these things about LA underating their amp? it costed me like 1000 more canadian.

then if it is crap what can i buy next time. im aiming for a 4 channel + mono amp system i want alot of bass but quality too(listening to classic and hiphop....x1.800.4 install - Last Post -- posted image.) any ideas about some brands?

also i want more than 50rms channel..

any good package idea folks?? x1.800.4 install - Last Post -- posted image.

fr33w0rld 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2005 at 12:36 PM / IP Logged  
get a ma audio hk 802sx amp 4,400 rms at 1 ohm bridged..for just your sub..it's pound it into the next meliumium...u may find the cone there too..
fr33w0rld 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2005 at 12:37 PM / IP Logged  
have u looked into puttin and optima battery into your car it did wonders for my system.,...from the lights almost turninng off when the bass hit....to not even diming...stock alternator still too....
Teslank 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2005 at 12:56 PM / IP Logged  

i dont want to invest in a battery i prefer putting in a high ouput alternator something like 150 to 200amps or more and my battery is almost new 1 year usage.

anyway someone know how to measure the ouput of ex. one channel(full power) in rms. i have a quality multimeter.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic