icon

Cars you won’t do

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
joe_1 
Silver - Posts: 286
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2005 at 1:02 PM / IP Logged  
i agree fiats are crap anyway, but so are vauxhals but they are well easy to work on i dont understand how they are hard in any way.
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 22, 2005 at 2:31 PM / IP Logged  
i dont have a specific vehicle make i wont work on... but one time years ago i had a local dealer sell an asian customer rear speakers for their vehicle and sent it to me for install.... i popped the trunk and there was about 3 inches of rice (i think they owned a restaurant) in the trunk..... and about another 2 inches of mold growing on top of it.... that was a definite refusal!! and the dealer actually had the gall to call me back and bitch that they lost the sale.....
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
youngblood 
Copper - Posts: 77
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2005 at 4:52 PM / IP Logged  

I recall VERY vividly, back in 1989 when I worked as a cellular phone installer in Virginia Beach, seeing a car come in for an install that had an infestation of c**kroaches.  I'm not overexaggerating a sighting of one or two bugs either.  I'm talking about an absolute unadulterated full blown grade AAA infestation of c**kaRoaches.  I lifted up that back seat and I nearly soiled myself.  All I saw was a kaleidescope of them in all shapes and sizes.  I would have walked off the job if they had made me work on it.  We had another guy in the shop who did the work.... although he went to jail a couple of months later for stabbing some guy in the leg causing him to bleed to death.  I think about him from time to time.  Cars you won’t do - Page 3 -- posted image.

oxygen65 
Silver - Posts: 252
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2005 at 6:54 PM / IP Logged  
lmao that is a great story right there
slicksix 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2005 at 9:55 PM / IP Logged  

I won't work on a Mazda Millenia for anything. i replaced the front speakers on a 2001 model and ended up having two damage claims that day. the f*cking doors are made out of some god damn foam so when you pull on them you have to be super care full not to crack them. oh yeah and plus they have some stupid medal clip in the middle of the door that you can't avoid breaking to get the door off. "sighs*

sneakycyber 
Silver - Posts: 413
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2005 at 9:26 AM / IP Logged  

joe_1 wrote:
i agree fiats are crap anyway, but so are vauxhals but they are well easy to work on i dont understand how they are hard in any way.

What exactly is a Vauxhals I am in the states and never heard of them. Are you being fecious or is that really a car?

richinstaller 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2005 at 12:33 PM / IP Logged  
Mazda 929's, BMW's, and Corvette's are all a pain.  If I can avoid it, I will.  But if the customer has enough money, I will do anything.
Rich
youngblood 
Copper - Posts: 77
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2005 at 2:07 PM / IP Logged  

Would someone please tell BMW to secure their runningboards in another fashion.  I loathe them so.  Cars you won’t do - Page 3 -- posted image.

jc18750 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2005 at 5:10 AM / IP Logged  
I hate that Hyundai Elantras only have 3 power locks and that the drivers door is a cable system. It is damn near impossibe to attach an aftermarket actuator. Or the BMW 7 series. The 97 to be exact. Power locks only respond if the car is off. If you put remote start on it, they unlock when the car starts and don't respond untill you shut it off. Can't please the customer on that one.
joe_1 
Silver - Posts: 286
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2005 at 6:30 AM / IP Logged  
sneakycyber vauxhalls are a manufacture that are all over the uk and a few other countries also they are known as opel, they are fitted with the crapyest electronic systems ever they allways f..ck up
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic