icon

xplore xr-7025 in escalade

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
escaladeballa 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2005 at 11:11 PM / IP Logged  

a professional alarm installer couldnt get this alarm to lock/unlock doors and arm/disarm correctly. i paid them $240 and they took it out, anyone know what they were doing wrong or have experience with this alarm: rockwood xplore xr-7025. the install was in 99 escalade, they had bypass module.

endless talent 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2005 at 1:38 AM / IP Logged  

I have been installing alarms at a professional level for over six years now, as I'm sure many others here have too.  One lesson I learned very early in the game is that with something as complex as an alarm in today's cars, you have to use the best, most reliable systems available.  I have never even heard of Rockwood, except as a cheap spin-off amplifer sold at Pep Boys or the flea market, so I wouldn't be surprised if the system is either faulty, not equipped with enough output/programmable options to be fully compatible with your vehicle, or even has installation instructions that are hardly ledgible, due to a poor translation, which are all common traits of lower-end systems.  I promise you will have far better results if you buy a DEI system, or another name brand that is familiar with most installers and has good technical support, not to mention a lifetime warranty.  Good luck!! 

Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 21, 2005 at 12:49 AM / IP Logged  
What exactly do you mean by not arming/disarming correctly? Do you mean the aftermarket alarm... or it wasn't able to arm/disarm the factory alarm?
On the first-generation Escalades, the factory alarm can only be armed by the factory remote. The factory alarm can only be disarmed by the factory remote, or by starting the car.
On the other hand, if they couldn't get the aftermarket unit to even lock/unlock the doors......it could be anything.......faulty installer or faulty product.
--The locks on that car are not hard to hook up.
--If the product was faulty, a skilled installer should have been able to troubleshoot and verify that.
Did the installer tell you WHY it could not work correctly?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic