icon

compustar/factory alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
maxcat 
Copper - Posts: 211
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2005 at 1:09 PM / IP Logged  

hi all, just wondering if anyone has a solution for this. i installed a compustar 2 way remote start into a 2001 jimmy. everything workr perfectly with the exceptionon of this.i dont do it often but if i happen to lock the vehicle with the actual door lock switch, the next time i use the compustar remote to unlock the vehicle, the compustar because it toggles tries to lock the vehicle hence setting off the factory alarm. any one else run across this or have any suggestions.

thank you in advance

mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 19, 2005 at 2:05 PM / IP Logged  
Bad habits are hard to break.............Customers are even worse
You could Diode the LOCK from Compustar to the Light GREEN of Jimmy
MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2005 at 2:41 PM / IP Logged  
Or connect a Disarm wire to the following.
Factory Alarm Disarm, lt.green   -   purple plug at BCM
GMC, JIMMY, 2001, Factory Alarm Disarm
The BCM is located to the right of the accelerator pedal below the radio. The plugs on the BCM face towards the drivers side.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.compustar/factory alarm - Last Post -- posted image.
maxcat 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2005 at 2:43 PM / IP Logged  

mo12v

thank you very much for the fast reply, however i am not sure exactly what you mean by this. i already have my disarm wire from the r/s hooked up to the lt. green (factory disarm wire) and the rearm wire from the r/s hooked up to the factory alarm arm wire. maybe i am not grasping what you are saying, but the way you have it would this not disarm the factory alarm every time you lock the vehicle with the remote. sorry if this reply seems stupid and once again i thank you for your help

maxcat 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2005 at 2:55 PM / IP Logged  

thepencil

thank you for your suggestion, but as stated i already have this done. the problem is arising because when you use the 2way lcd remote it only has the one button for lock/unlock. so if you do not use the remote to lock the vehicle, the next time the button is pushed it locks the already locked vehicle and sets off the factory security.there is no problem arming and disarming the factory alarm,as long as i use the compustar remote every time also i realize the one way remote has seperate lock/unlock buttons and you can use the unlock button, also disarming the factory alarm. but like i said the 2 way as of yet only uses the toggling one button

thanks again for the replies

firstclassohio 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2005 at 3:11 PM / IP Logged  
turn off the lock/ unlock before and after remotestart feature. then it  won't toggle the locks. it's just a programming option
under promise and overdeliver

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic