icon

Avic-80 DVD video problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
playtilithrtz 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2005 at 9:58 AM / IP Logged  

I searched the whole forums to see if anyone else had this problem, but i cam up with a negative.

I have an Avic-80 DVD connected to an Alpine Iva-d300. I have the rg-rgb-26p video connector thinggy that take the 26 pin connector to RGB. I have the RCA's running to the AUX input on the Alipine. Now I see some video when the disc is inserted and. It Has 3 lines saying something, one of them in English, the other is French and, i dunno bout the other line. Then it goes and shows a sreen reading disc, and then the Pioneer blue screen appears. Now thats it..... the screen is blank and i cant see anything else..... I

f i where to hit the eject button i can see some video for a fraction of a second, and thats it... I tried to hit the reset button for 5 secs, 10 seconds... and had the car on for 10 mins to see if the GPS wiould pick-up anything... but nothing happened...

Okay so then i said maybe the pioneer is not compatible with the Alpine so i took a regualr ol' tv and connected the video line to theTV and i still have the same thing...

Does anyone have an idea what this may be... I am very computer/car/mechanical/ everything savvy, and i know what im doing... but i just cant seem to get his junk to work..

BTW the handbrake lead... now is that activated on a ground or what?

playtilithrtz 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2005 at 11:40 AM / IP Logged  

Okay I have some more information... I was able to get in contact with pioneer, after waiting for about 45 mins on hold. Well if the rb-rgb26p the navi unit has to know that it is connected. In order to do so if you have the remoe you have to hold down the audio button under the little flip top cover, hold the button unitil the unit beeps...the it should work. I havent tried it yet, because i dont have the voice control connected to the car. The voice controller also works as you IR sensor too (infra-red). so then the remote will work... I will post later today and give you all updates on whether this work or not...

If anyone else has something to add please do... as i am still learning how to use this unit.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic