icon

whatching video while moving with AVIC-N2

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Blackiewrx 
Copper - Posts: 56
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2005 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged  
I installed a pioneer avic-n2 into a a new navigator with a rear view camera. the customer wants to be able to watch out the rear camera while driving but even with a switch for the parking and footbrake and relay killing the speed sensor wire the unit still knows the car is moving and wont let any video play???? how can i get around this with the pioneer avic-n2???
03 wrx stage 4
outlaw000 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2005 at 11:27 PM / IP Logged  
you also need a relay killing the gps antenna because that also knows the car is moving
Blackiewrx 
Copper - Posts: 56
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2005 at 10:59 AM / IP Logged  
will spliting the gps ant wire threw a relay hurt the fuctinality of the gps antena?
03 wrx stage 4
algutkin 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2005 at 11:26 AM / IP Logged  

Do a search on Google for "Avic N2" bypass". Click on the first result for 12 volt, click on the link in the first post and you will find the answer in several bypass forums. If you know how to solder you can pull out all those extra wires and throw out the switches and relays. If you fail at simple soldering, the radio will still work and the you still have the switches and relays.

It's jus amazing to me that people don't do a search first.

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=60159&KW=Pioneer+AVIC&tpn=5

whtcrxghst 
Copper - Posts: 210
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2005 at 2:20 PM / IP Logged  
Why doesn't your customer just press the view button while in the navigation mode and select the viewing mode that says rear view?  That gives you two thirds of the screen with camera and one third map while going forward.  And would save you putting in any switches 
Hurricaneduke 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2005 at 4:42 PM / IP Logged  
Iv got an extra dvd player....i want it to player while moving, through the camera....How is this done....what setting on the avic-n2 do i need to config.  please help
whtcrxghst 
Copper - Posts: 210
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2005 at 2:14 AM / IP Logged  

First, do the bypass as someone suggested in a previous post.  Then, just use the A/V input in the N2.  If you look at the hideaway box of the N2, you will see a yellow, a red, and a white labeled A/V in or video in or something like that.  Take the red, white, and yellow out of your dvd player and put them into the in on your N2.  Go into the menu, turn on the A/V input, and select A/V as your source.  Your watching while moving without using the stupid camera input

Hurricaneduke wrote:
Iv got an extra dvd player....i want it to player while moving, through the camera....How is this done....what setting on the avic-n2 do i need to config.  please help

blazeronspokes 
Copper - Posts: 102
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2005 at 9:52 AM / IP Logged  
all you have to do is relay isolate the vss, the ground shield on the antenna, and the parking brake and your all set. make sure you use diodes to be sure nothing is feeding back to each other also. the only down side to this is if you need warrenty worlk you will have to buy another gps antenna. this bypass is also true for the avic-d1 double -din.
Hurricaneduke 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2005 at 11:00 AM / IP Logged  
Yea...but i want to be able to watch through cam....Im only going to really play Concerts on the dvd-no movies....I eant to do this r=through the cam. so i can still do navi...on the screen as well....Do i just have to put a switch on the reverse gear to fool avic to think its in reverse, so camera input is functional,  I thought u could view cam while driving forward....like when haulin a boat....
algutkin 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2005 at 10:37 PM / IP Logged  

Huricaneduke:

I don't  know if you will get back to this thread but the answer is easy, however you have two choices.

1. Do the bypass that runs the video back through the camera input, it involves grounding the break wire and running 12 volts through a switch to the backup wire of the hideaway unit.  A jumper wire  with RCA plugs on both ends is then put from Video Out on the hideaway to the Camera in connection on the other side of the hideaway. When you throw the switch. 12 volts tells the radio you are backing up and the video plays with a disclaimer. The vehicle can be running forward, the radio is still fooled. If you want to watch your boat while you are towing it, install the camera and leave the wire from the camera ,that has the RCA plug on it, the one that attaches to the hideaway camera port, just laying near the hideaway. Want to see the boat, unplug the jumper from Video Out to Camera In and plug in the camera wire. When you switch the 12 volts to the backup camera wire, the backup camera will work even if your going forward. Don't forget in the Avic setup menu you must turn on the Camera port or none of this will work., the unit won't know that a wire is attached to the Camera In.

2. Solder the R197 pins described in many related threads. You can now watch video while driving without using the camera port or attaching a jumper wire to it. However you must still use a switch to run 12 volts to the wire from the radio that is supposed to be connected to the backup power wire. This will tell the radio that you are backing up and will turn on the camera port. Switch on the 12 volts to the backup wire from the radio and the backup camera port will work while you are driving forward and you can watch your boat anytime you want.  

Read my directions carfully so that you can understand the principle.

Summary: In order to activate the backup camera port on the hideaway unit, 12 volts must go into the wire that is supposed to attach to your backup lights.  A somple miniature toggle switch hidden between your seats or in the console, close to the hideaway unit, but within reach while driving. One terminal of the switch attaches to the yellow power wire of the hideaway, the other terminal goes to the backup wire from the hideaway.

Hopefully when you get all this straight in your mind and working, when you flip the switch you will find that your boat is still there. If it isn't, you probably didn't tighten down the ball hitch correctly or you don't  have enough tongue weight. You then call the insurance company on your cell phone, and turn off the camera. What you see may be very ugly. I learned this from flying small airplanes at night. If you loose your engine, turn on the headlight, if you don't like what you see, just turn it off as it doesn't matter.

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic