viper 791xv on 1997 3000gt

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
demonpossessedn 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2005 at 5:11 PM / IP Logged  

hello everyone.

I have a 1997 3000gt base model sohc. and I am trying to install a viper 791xv however I am running into a few problems. first off When i bought the car it had a automate 434(dei product) already installed . so when i installed this unit i used some of the same wires already attached. after hooking up just the alarm portion of the 791vx everything worked fine lock, unlock, trunk  etc. however when i installed the rest of the wires remote satelite relay, the tach wire (white wire behind the instrument cluster attached a wire to the existing hood pin a wire to the brake and a ground to the neutral safety switch. everything seems to be going ok i used a ignition wire color code to determine when wires to install the heavy gauge wires to . now my siren does not chirp and when I click the * * (remote start button twice) it sometime beeps twice and sometimes wont beep at all. and the car wont try to start at all. (maybe my tach wire is wrong,maybe the brakewire is wrong but i didnt think it would inhibit the system from doing anything.

also my led status light just stays on lit all the time, will only go off when i turn the car to acc

i also taught the system the tach ( start the car and within 5 seconds press and hold the valet button untill the light stays lit, then release)

any help with be greatly appreciated. thank you all

demonpossessedn 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2005 at 5:15 PM / IP Logged  

i forgot to mention the car is an automatic. and right now it will start with a key no problem.

i dont know why the siren does not work (I tried two ) red wire from the siren to brown wire on h1 harness and black wire to a ground. sounds simple but no chirps

thanks again

mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 21, 2005 at 5:33 PM / IP Logged  
Are you sure the 791 is NOT in Valet mode?
MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
nava94 
Silver - Posts: 296
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2005 at 6:10 PM / IP Logged  
it's in valet mode.
demonpossessedn 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2005 at 7:25 PM / IP Logged  

ok just spent some time away from the car to think and i thought narrowing down the install so i decided on things that could be bad checked several things and disconnected the wire i had to my hood pin(the one that came stock on the car.)and connected it to the supplied hood pin. i pressed it down and activated the remote start. BINGo that was it. i guess the wire i connected to for the hood pin didn't work. so i guess i'll mount the viper hood pin under the hood. Thanks for all you guys help. however i still have one problem. the siren still wont chirp at all and now no led light at all either

everything else works, (after the remote start the brake pedal stops the engine like it should)

any help is still appreciated

thanks much

demonpossessedn 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2005 at 8:31 PM / IP Logged  

ok i have the trunk pin installed and everything works  100 percent

thank you all for your help. yes it was in valet mode.

if anyone is doing this to a 3000gt here are a few helpful hints

tach wire = remove main gauge cluster and there are three harness plugs. the top left one is the one you need its white with a silver mark on it its  in the top row  of wires 3rd one from the left (its the only white wire in the harness)

brake wire is is located brake pedal, just follow it up untill you see the harness that plugs into it on the very top. there are two harness there one currently plugged in and one not , in the one thats not plugged in look for the gree wires and plug into that with a spade connector,

neutral safety is just grounded for us. i connected a round black switch from auto zone   in a black trim under the defogger, fits perfect, much better looking than the toggle switch supplied.

trunk pin i had to run a wire to the supplied trunk pin. when I tapped into the existing stock hood pin . it didnt seem to work .

i think everything else is pretty easy. these wires (especially the tach wire) too about half the time of the install

total time approx 8 hours. I know I know I am a dumbass but not too bad considering its my first alarm install was to tackle a 2 way remote starter alarm,

thanks everyone here for their help

god bless

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic