icon

compvr 15 vs solo baric L5 15''

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chris305 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2005 at 8:45 PM / IP Logged  
 i heard alot about the square subs but you know how people opinions about diff. subs. so i was either considering getting the compvr 15'' or the solo baric L5 15''
cujo613 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2005 at 11:14 PM / IP Logged  

Never been a fan of the kicker square. l5 or l7. They are loud, but they never sounded right to me. Kinda hollow. I like heavy bass and sq at the same time. I would run the comps.

Im running the image dynamic idqv2 15 and love them

Alpine dva-7669 Alpine cva-1004 Zapco 360.4 zapco 1100.1 2 image dynamics idq v2 fifteens Alpine type r 5.25 components and 6x9's
chris305 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2005 at 4:58 PM / IP Logged  
yea i heard them saying some shyt that they dont hold up as long and that they dont give out much SPL bass  like sqaure i thik its to much deep bass or circle is more spl. i think i explained it right
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2005 at 5:09 PM / IP Logged  

Can't you demo these subs some where? Usually if there is a dealer for them, they have them setup.

Don't be afraid to spend some time listening to them objectively.

jstruckman 
Copper - Posts: 465
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2005 at 5:10 PM / IP Logged  
The L5 is a better overall sub the than the CVR. The shape of the sub really had nothing to do with the sound. I have ran both those subs in the 10 inch version. They both sound good in the right enclosure and the right amount of power going to them.
Jazzy
Bigsingh 
Copper - Posts: 204
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2005 at 7:15 PM / IP Logged  
true, the shape has nothing to do with the sound except for slightly more surface area which will not make a massive difference, but overall the l5 is the better sub, it goes louder if u know what i mean, but if you're looking for sq i wudnt go for either
6* Rockford T2's
6* POWER AMPs
BLACK CORRADO
BAANNGGIINN
Grkinstall 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2005 at 8:07 PM / IP Logged  

i disagree with that there is no sound difference. Actuall a sound wave traves in a perfectly circular motin and being thrown from a square force dishapes the wave.  the l5 will pound harder though it has a better spider and motor structure. i do feel that the cvr is more musical, of the two. its all in what you are looking for? also if you are going to have a vented box you might enjoy the l5 more and the cvr in a sealed, add egg crate foam to the back of the sealed box and the side top and bottom walls of the ported.  listening to them in a sound room might though you off due to them not being in an actual car. good luck with your system

Kicker authorized dealer

Pioneer dxp9,Pioneer deq9
(2)Arc audio xxk 2500
Dyn Audio system 340
(2) Mtx 8500
chrisAWD 
Copper - Posts: 61
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2005 at 8:26 PM / IP Logged  
cvr sounds better hands down in my opinion, L5 will get louder, watt for watt. go to CC and listen to both for yourself.
car 1 = alpine 9807, mtx 404+mtx 311d, polk speakers, kappa 10"
car 2 = pioneer 7700, kicker 400x1, kicker 60x4, 10"compvr x2, kappa speakers

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic