icon

Running power and signal cables

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
JoeMetal 
Copper - Posts: 50
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2005 at 12:22 PM / IP Logged  
I had my amp installed at a local shop about 3 weeks ago and noticed a little alternator whine. Well, yesterday I started investigating the problem myself, because they had no idea what could be causing it. I noticed that they ran all of the cables down the same side of the car. I took the signal cable and turn on lead and moved it to the other side of the car and this completely fixed the problem.
My question is: isn't it common knowledge not to run the power and signal cables on the same side of the car? I've never read any amp tutorials or anything that have not specifically mentioned running them on different sides.
jstruckman 
Copper - Posts: 465
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2005 at 12:43 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, that is common knowledge. Sounds like the car audio shop is just lazy and does not care about the quality of there installs or customer service or they are just plain idiots. Obviously, you should probably take your business else where the next time around. Shops like that just kill our industry and that is why alot of consumers buy off the internet now a days. It is a shame.
Jazzy
JoeMetal 
Copper - Posts: 50
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2005 at 12:45 PM / IP Logged  
Well, the only reason I plan on going there now is to buy products, not get work done.
Hopefully, I'll be doing my own installs from now on. Running power and signal cables -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic